Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
sovre
Connoisseur
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
kindle 5.10.3 firmware downgrade possible?

My new Kindle Paperwhite is running on the 5.10.3 firmware.

I would like to jailbreak the device if possible and began to follow a guide which said downgrade would be needed. So to begin with I downloaded the 5.3.5 firmware and copied it into my device directory.

However, when I go to update from my Kindle, I get a message that this is an invalid file for update. And the device actually seems to delete the firmware itself!

It seems Amazon installed some control to prevent downgrading? Is there any way to get around it and successfully downgrade and complete a jailbreak?

Thanks for your help.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Don't follow outdated/stupid/wrong third-party documentation. There's a recent sticky to recap the current situation.

I'll save you a trip: your device is running a FW version too recent for you to be able to do anything software related.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
drack
drack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 4
If you have 5.10.1.3 you can jailbreak it. If it is 5.10.3 then your out of luck.

If you check again and it is 5.10.1.3 follow this.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564
drack is offline   Reply With Quote