Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Axir
Axir began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Inkpad 3 doesn't register sd card

Hey
I've recently bought the Inkpad 3 and I am really happy with it, expect for one issue. My 32 gb sd card doesnt get regocnized by the inkpad. My Pc sees the card when I plug the ereader in, calibre regonizes the card. I can transfer files to it. But no matter what format I try, the inkapd doesn't show the books that are on the sd card.

When I remove/ put the sd card in the inkpad I can see the power light on, which means the inkpad is doing something.

I tried formatting the inkpad and the sd card itself. Nothing works.
Axir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I'm guessing that it's a dodgy sd card. Do a google search for "sd card formatter tuxera" and see if formatting with that makes any difference; do a full format, not quick.

Link: https://www.sdcard.org/

Last edited by lumpynose; 07-16-2019 at 11:12 AM.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also make sure you format the card with FAT32. NTFS will not work anywhere except perhaps a Windows PC or some Microsoft device.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #4
Axir

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Also make sure you format the card with FAT32. NTFS will not work anywhere except perhaps a Windows PC or some Microsoft device.

That was it! Thanks!
Old 07-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axir View Post
That was it! Thanks!
A happier solution than replacing the card.

I've been downloading books like crazy from Project Gutenberg and have over 5,000 books and I'm still under 50% on the internal 8 gig. (Although I always download the ones without images.) I had an unused 16 gig card that I put in the ereader but it's still empty.
Advert
Old 07-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
In my case I have a FAT32 formatted microSD, but my unit of Inkpad 3 fails to recognise it upon startup. It recognises the card when the device is booted up and I reinsert the card. There have been a few bootups when the device recognises the card immediately.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
In my case I have a FAT32 formatted microSD, but my unit of Inkpad 3 fails to recognise it upon startup. It recognises the card when the device is booted up and I reinsert the card. There have been a few bootups when the device recognises the card immediately.
Try another card if one is available.

I get the impression that the InkPad is more "fussy" about hardware specs. For example, my PC has 2 USB connectors on the front. I built my PC and those USB connectors are connected to a little circuit card which has plugged into it a USB cable from the motherboard. When I plug the PocketBook into those front USB connectors it keeps connecting and disconnecting. I hit upon the idea of connecting it to the USB connectors on the back that are on the motherboard and then it works fine. It also works fine connected to a USB hub that's connected to one of the USB ports on the back. Other e-readers have no problem with the front panel USB connectors.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
Axir

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
A happier solution than replacing the card.

I've been downloading books like crazy from Project Gutenberg and have over 5,000 books and I'm still under 50% on the internal 8 gig. (Although I always download the ones without images.) I had an unused 16 gig card that I put in the ereader but it's still empty.

I use the inkapd for manga too, and trust me, that gets full quick. I've already maxed my sd card out and ordered 2 more
Old 07-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #9
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axir View Post
I use the inkapd for manga too, and trust me, that gets full quick. I've already maxed my sd card out and ordered 2 more
Ah, I never thought of that.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
Repto
Repto began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Hello, since this is one of the only place talking about that issue when searching on google, I just want to add an information for future readers.

I have a Vivlio Inkpad 3 on which I installed the Pocketbook firmware v.5.20.1010 and a 128gb microSD card.

When formatting the microSD card to "large FAT32" with Rufus or Windows partitionner or even any formatter out there with the card in the e-reader and refreshing the device after the process, everytime the card was just recognized as a 100mb one.

It only worked when I used the adaptater delivered with the card to format it with Rufus.
Not sure if this is because I needed to take the card off and put it back in or because I used the adaptater, but anyway if you are struggling to make it work you might want to try that
Repto is offline   Reply With Quote