Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Ah. Giant screen here, hadn't noticed, but now that I'm on my phone, I see it . I'll take care of it later this evening, thanks!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #17
Ecas32
Ecas32 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 5.11.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The factory reset combined with update permanently destroyed your jail break.

5.11.2 can not be jail break with software.

The only way to jail break a PW3 running 5.11.2 is to use the serial port method

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

That requires opening the Kindle and soldering tiny wires to tiny pads just to get started.

Then you have to run some commands that might be difficult for you.

People will be more patient if you mention you are not a native English speaker when you first ask for help.

I have a PW3 5.11.2 as well, and I'm all soldered up but PuTTY remains blank when I boot my kindle. Any advice?
Ecas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #18
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecas32 View Post
I have a PW3 5.11.2 as well, and I'm all soldered up but PuTTY remains blank when I boot my kindle. Any advice?
I don't have any serial port experience on Kindles and I don't do windows, so someone else will have to answer. (And you will probably get quicker and better answers in one of the serial port jail break threads.)
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:07 PM   #19
Ecas32
Ecas32 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 5.11.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I don't have any serial port experience on Kindles and I don't do windows, so someone else will have to answer. (And you will probably get quicker and better answers in one of the serial port jail break threads.)
Thanks for the quick response! I tried resoldering my connections thinking it had to be that, but failed to get them soldered back and got increasingly frustrated until I gave up and re-assembled the kindle. I may have to just get a kobo
Ecas32 is offline   Reply With Quote