Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #121
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Good thing I was resistant. Going to have a vet bill - 50% chance its a solid stuck hairball which means surgery. . Tubemonkey, do you keep your lint under control?
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #122
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2015 Paperwhite· Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy · Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Look at it this way, Amazon is having one made just for you. Warehouse stock isn't good enough
Well, I received a "delivery estimate update" email early this morning for my Echo Show 5 order. The delivery estimate was changed from September 5-13 to next week, July 24. Yay!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #123
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Well, I received a "delivery estimate update" email early this morning for my Echo Show 5 order. The delivery estimate was changed from September 5-13 to next week, July 24. Yay!
Congrats, that's nearly two months they knocked off. I got a text earlier today bumping up my tomorrow delivery to today. We shall see.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Good thing I was resistant. Going to have a vet bill - 50% chance its a solid stuck hairball which means surgery. . Tubemonkey, do you keep your lint under control?
Lint
Old 07-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #125
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Lint
You probably call it fur.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #126
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Congrats, that's nearly two months they knocked off. I got a text earlier today bumping up my tomorrow delivery to today. We shall see.
Quote:
Lint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Like most adult tubemonkeys he has been shaving since reaching maturity.

https://www.target.com/p/conair-fabr...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
skinmaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:53 PM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Like most adult tubemonkeys he has been shaving since reaching maturity.

https://www.target.com/p/conair-fabr...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
I was thinking in terms of my furry self and not my fabric self. My first attempt at shaving didn't turn out too well. I foolishly used a straight razor. My mom fainted and my dad grounded me for a month after I came home from the tailor.

Such are the hard lessons we learn in our youth. Since that episode, I've been using electric razors (as depicted by skinmaan).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sm.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	172451  
Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Alexa, How Was Prime Day? Prime Day 2019 Surpassed Black Friday and Cyber Monday Combined

Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 17, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) — This year, Prime Day was once again the largest shopping event in Amazon history with more than one million deals exclusively for Prime members. Over the two days of Prime Day, on July 15 and 16, sales surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Prime members purchased more than 175 million items throughout the event. Prime Day was also the biggest event ever for Amazon devices, when comparing two-day periods – top-selling deals worldwide were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.

“We want to thank Prime members all around the world,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO. “Members purchased millions of Alexa-enabled devices, received tens of millions of dollars in savings by shopping from Whole Foods Market and bought more than $2 billion of products from independent small and medium-sized businesses. Huge thank you to Amazonians everywhere who made this day possible for customers.”
Quote:
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country (complete list in article)
  • Australia: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Finish Powerball All-in-1 Max Dishwasher Tablets, and Huggies Ultra Dry Nappies
  • Canada: PlayStation 4 Slim with Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
  • China: Dove Exfoliating Scrub, L’Oreal Rejuvenating Eye Cream, and Silk’n Permanent Hair Removal Device
  • France: iRobot Roomba 671, Lunii Story Telling Factory, and Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush
  • Japan: Happy Belly Water, Anker PowerCore 10,000 Mobile Battery, and Pampers Premium Protection Diapers
  • Mexico: Nintendo Switch, HP Monitor 22w Borderless, and Nautica Travel Sport Eau de Toilette Spray
  • Netherlands: Mama Bear Diapers, SanDisk 128 GB Memory Card, and Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Light
  • United Kingdom: Sony PlayStation Classic Console, Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, and Shark Vacuum Cleaner
  • United States: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Instant Pot DUO60, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
Old 07-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #129
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was thinking in terms of my furry self and not my fabric self. My first attempt at shaving didn't turn out too well. I foolishly used a straight razor. My mom fainted and my dad grounded me for a month after I came home from the tailor
That image was both hilarious and disturbing.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #130
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Amazon AI learning:
  • determine that 2-day shipping will not be achieved for Prime customer
  • assign delivery date at least 1 month in the future
  • 1 or 2 days later change delivery date to actual delivery date
  • customer is thrilled to get it "early" despite not receiving it as promised in 2 days

Last edited by FizzyWater; 07-18-2019 at 08:32 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #131
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I recommend that real people not use a straight razor, either, to get rid of fuzz or stumble or whatever they have. Leave it to the pros. The two or three times that I tried using a straight razor were diastrous. I threw it away after solidly wrapping it in some cardboard and other stuff, to keep the garbage man from slicing his finger off, and threw it away.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #132
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Got the Paperwhite for $85 plus $5 toward a book and 3 month free book checkout thing (forgot name). Not a horrible deal. Love the new Paperwhite.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #133
GA Russell
Argos upset Bombers!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
A week or two before Prime Day, I read that Amazon has had big sales on Instant Pots on past Prime Days. So I waited, and picked up an Instant Pot for $55.99 that is today going for $139.00.

Now I need to study the instruction manual.
GA Russell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #134
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
A week or two before Prime Day, I read that Amazon has had big sales on Instant Pots on past Prime Days. So I waited, and picked up an Instant Pot for $55.99 that is today going for $139.00.

We almost bought a second one this year. Stop by the Instant Pot thread.

Last edited by ApK; 07-20-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #135
WestCactus
Connoisseur
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle pw4, Oasis 1 & 2, fire 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

I have seen in the past some free recipe books for it.
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote