Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2019, 06:33 PM   #76
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,247
Karma: 3499865
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Thanks for the spoiler tip.

Spoiler:


kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip
panic: Failed to find GetFileInformationByHandleEx procedure in kernel32.dll: Th
e specified procedure could not be found.

goroutine 1 [running]:
syscall.(*LazyProc).mustFind(0x110338e0)
/usr/local/go/src/syscall/dll_windows.go:311 +0x42
syscall.(*LazyProc).Addr(0x110338e0, 0x788140)
/usr/local/go/src/syscall/dll_windows.go:318 +0x21
internal/syscall/windows.GetFileInformationByHandleEx(0x770, 0x9, 0x11057af8, 0x
8, 0x3, 0x11018048)
/usr/local/go/src/internal/syscall/windows/zsyscall_windows.go:385 +0x27

os.newFileStatFromGetFileInformationByHandle(0x110 10760, 0x1e, 0x770, 0x0, 0x110
10760, 0x1e)
/usr/local/go/src/os/types_windows.go:52 +0x135
os.(*File).Stat(0x11006b88, 0x1e, 0x0, 0x0, 0x11006b88)
/usr/local/go/src/os/stat_windows.go:55 +0x133
archive/zip.OpenReader(0x11010760, 0x1e, 0x11006b80, 0x1, 0x1)
/usr/local/go/src/archive/zip/reader.go:55 +0x5e
main.(*KoboPatch).openIn(0x11034d40, 0x19, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:734 +0x613
main.(*KoboPatch).ApplyPatches(0x11034d40, 0x0, 0x0)
/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:325 +0x54
main.main()
/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:159 +0x843
Are you on Windows XP/2003?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #77
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!
 
Posts: 170
Karma: 100000
Join Date: Jan 2015
Device: KA1
Yes. Running XP through Parallels on a Mac.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #78
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,247
Karma: 3499865
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Yes. Running XP through Parallels on a Mac.
Ok, that would explain it. I recently updated Go to 1.12, which doesn't support Windows XP anymore (almost nothing recent does now). For now, I recommend downloading the older kobopatch from here (just put it in the bin directory). If I release a version with new instructions (or something of that sort), I will either build a binary with an older Go release, find a workaround for this (I may be able to avoid this syscall by removing the os.Stat calls), or generate simplified patch if you need it (I don't expect to do that anytime soon though). You should really upgrade though.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #79
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!
 
Posts: 170
Karma: 100000
Join Date: Jan 2015
Device: KA1
Thanks for the quick help. That version worked great for me. I never use the XP disk except for the kobo updates but I guess that I'll have to look into upgrading and get with the times.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:52 PM   #80
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,247
Karma: 3499865
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Thanks for the quick help. That version worked great for me. I never use the XP disk except for the kobo updates but I guess that I'll have to look into upgrading and get with the times.
Wait a sec. That just reminded me. kobopatch works on macOS. Is there a reason why you still run it in parallels?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:55 PM   #81
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!
 
Posts: 170
Karma: 100000
Join Date: Jan 2015
Device: KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Wait a sec. That just reminded me. kobopatch works on macOS. Is there a reason why you still run it in parallels?
Because I'm a dummy. I had no idea.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
NiLuJe's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,954
Karma: 14300002
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Also, the previous patcher did, too ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #83
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,247
Karma: 3499865
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Also, the previous patcher did, too ^^.
I guess that shows how much Microsoft has influenced everyone's minds... software only works on Windows... hmph . At this rate, people will be saying Linux only works on Windows due to WSL...
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:57 AM   #84
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
GeoffR's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,821
Karma: 19159830
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Te Riu-a-Māui
Device: Kobo Glo
Do ePub page margins still work?

Can anyone confirm whether the `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch still works? One report that it doesn't.

If the patch isn't working, could someone who doesn't have either of the `ePub fixed top/bottom margins` or `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patches enabled check whether ePub page margins are still working in this firmware version?

You can check on a device without the above patches enabled by sideloading the attached ePub book. If page margins are working properly working then there should be a large top margin on pages two and three, as in the screenshots (from my Glo running 4.8.11073):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page1.png
Views:	53
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	172503   Click image for larger version

Name:	page2.png
Views:	52
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	172504   Click image for larger version

Name:	page3.png
Views:	52
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	172505  
Attached Files
File Type: epub PageMarginTest.epub (3.4 KB, 17 views)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #85
npr
Connoisseur
npr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmosnpr has become one with the cosmos
 
Posts: 51
Karma: 21792
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Kobo Glo and Aura
I've tested your file "PageMarginTest.epub" on my Kobo H2OE2 and it displays as show in your above post.

ie Page 1 no top margin.

Page 2 and 3 greater top margin which I would estimate at 200px.

Firmware: 4.15.12920
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #86
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
GeoffR's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,821
Karma: 19159830
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Te Riu-a-Māui
Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
I've tested your file "PageMarginTest.epub" on my Kobo H2OE2 and it displays as show in your above post.

Firmware: 4.15.12920
Thanks, that is good to know. So if the `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch is not working then it must be something I have done wrong in updating it.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #87
Gressi912
Junior Member
Gressi912 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2019
Device: Kobo Aura HD
I'm new to this patching of my Kobo AuraHD, so I wanted to use this patch for firmware 4.15.12920 and everything seemed to work correctly when I started the .batch file, but when I copied the KoboRoot.tgz file into the .kobo folder and restarted my device, nothing happened? What did i do wrong?

Here's the log file:

Spoiler:
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch



KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.15.12920",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": {
| "Keep PDF pan position": false,
| "Remove PDF map widget shown during panning": false,
| "Remove PDF page turn arrows": false
| },
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": {
| "Allow searches on Extra dictionaries": false,
| "Always display chapter name on navigation menu": false,
| "Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading": false,
| "Arabic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Block WiFi firmware upgrade": false,
| "Both page turn buttons go next": false,
| "Both page turn sides go next": false,
| "Change dicthtml strings to micthtml": false,
| "Clock display duration": true,
| "Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts": true,
| "Custom font sizes": true,
| "Custom footer (page number text)": true,
| "Custom kepub default margins": false,
| "Custom left \u0026 right margins": true,
| "Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Cyrillic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta": false,
| "Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification": false,
| "Disable all tutorial dialogs": false,
| "Enable rotation on all devices": false,
| "Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs": false,
| "Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2)": true,
| "Force user line spacing in KePubs": false,
| "Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)": true,
| "Freedom to advanced fonts control": true,
| "Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Hebrew keyboard (AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Hebrew keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Hebrew keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura)": false,
| "Hide browser from beta features": false,
| "Ignore .otf fonts": true,
| "Increase TOC level indentation": true,
| "Increase TOC level indentation and fix extra indentation bug": true,
| "KePub constant font sharpness": false,
| "KePub stylesheet additions": false,
| "Keyboard template (AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Keyboard template (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Keyboard template (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura)": false,
| "My 10 line spacing values": false,
| "My 24 line spacing values": true,
| "Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks": true,
| "Only show Pocket SmartLink": false,
| "Only show stats SmartLink": false,
| "Remove beta features not supported text": false,
| "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen": true,
| "Rename new home screen footer": false,
| "Rename settings": false,
| "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen": false,
| "Set KePub hyphenation": false,
| "Set font scale factor": false,
| "Set reading footer height": true,
| "Set slide to unlock": false,
| "Set visible SmartLink": false,
| "Un-Force user font-family in KePubs": false,
| "Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs": false,
| "Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs)": false,
| "Un-force link decoration in KePubs": false,
| "Use old keyboard on all devices": false,
| "Wikipedia Search language": false,
| "ePub constant font sharpness": true,
| "ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom": false,
| "ePub fixed top/bottom margins": false,
| "ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins": false,
| "ePub uniform font scale": false
| },
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": {
| "Default ePub monospace font (Courier)": true,
| "Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)": false,
| "Default ePub serif font (Amasis)": false,
| "Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)": false,
| "Disable orphans/widows avoidance": false,
| "Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)": true,
| "Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)": true,
| "Ignore ePub TOC navpoints": false,
| "Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)": true,
| "Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets": false
| },
| "src/nickel.yaml": {
| "Change pop-up footnote font-family": false,
| "Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1": false,
| "Custom font to collection and author titles": false,
| "Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%": true,
| "Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%": false,
| "Custom reading footer style": true,
| "Custom synopsis/details line spacing": false,
| "Custom synopsis/font size": false,
| "Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area": false,
| "Disable reading footer": false,
| "Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing": false,
| "Increase headlines font": true,
| "Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart": true,
| "Increase the cover size in library": true,
| "Increase the view details container size": true,
| "New home screen increasing cover size": false,
| "New home screen subtitle custom font": false,
| "Only Reading and My Books": true,
| "Reduce top/bottom page spacer": true,
| "Remove extra space on selection menu": true,
| "Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen": true,
| "Remove footer (row3) on new home screen": false,
| "Remove forgot pin button from lock screen": false,
| "Show all games": false
| }
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }


KoboPatch::OutputInit


KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch:penIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip'
Looking for KoboRoot.tgz in zip
--> found KoboRoot.tgz
--> opening KoboRoot.tgz
Opening gzip reader
Creating tar reader


KoboPatch::ApplyTranslations


KoboPatch::ApplyFiles


KoboPatch::WriteOutput
Removing old output tgz 'out/KoboRoot.tgz'
Closing tar
Closing gz
Writing buf to output 'out/KoboRoot.tgz'
Checking patched KoboRoot.tgz for consistency
sum:0 == expected:0

sha1 checksums:


Cheers, Gressi
Gressi912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:34 PM   #88
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,247
Karma: 3499865
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gressi912 View Post
I'm new to this patching of my Kobo AuraHD, so I wanted to use this patch for firmware 4.15.12920 and everything seemed to work correctly when I started the .batch file, but when I copied the KoboRoot.tgz file into the .kobo folder and restarted my device, nothing happened? What did i do wrong?

Here's the log file:

Spoiler:
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch



KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.15.12920",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "C:\\Users\\lukas\\Downloads\\kobopatch_4.15.12920 \\src\\nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": {
| "Keep PDF pan position": false,
| "Remove PDF map widget shown during panning": false,
| "Remove PDF page turn arrows": false
| },
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": {
| "Allow searches on Extra dictionaries": false,
| "Always display chapter name on navigation menu": false,
| "Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading": false,
| "Arabic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Block WiFi firmware upgrade": false,
| "Both page turn buttons go next": false,
| "Both page turn sides go next": false,
| "Change dicthtml strings to micthtml": false,
| "Clock display duration": true,
| "Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts": true,
| "Custom font sizes": true,
| "Custom footer (page number text)": true,
| "Custom kepub default margins": false,
| "Custom left \u0026 right margins": true,
| "Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Cyrillic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta": false,
| "Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification": false,
| "Disable all tutorial dialogs": false,
| "Enable rotation on all devices": false,
| "Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs": false,
| "Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2)": true,
| "Force user line spacing in KePubs": false,
| "Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)": true,
| "Freedom to advanced fonts control": true,
| "Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Hebrew keyboard (AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Hebrew keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Hebrew keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura)": false,
| "Hide browser from beta features": false,
| "Ignore .otf fonts": true,
| "Increase TOC level indentation": true,
| "Increase TOC level indentation and fix extra indentation bug": true,
| "KePub constant font sharpness": false,
| "KePub stylesheet additions": false,
| "Keyboard template (AuraHD/H2O)": false,
| "Keyboard template (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)": false,
| "Keyboard template (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura)": false,
| "My 10 line spacing values": false,
| "My 24 line spacing values": true,
| "Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks": true,
| "Only show Pocket SmartLink": false,
| "Only show stats SmartLink": false,
| "Remove beta features not supported text": false,
| "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen": true,
| "Rename new home screen footer": false,
| "Rename settings": false,
| "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen": false,
| "Set KePub hyphenation": false,
| "Set font scale factor": false,
| "Set reading footer height": true,
| "Set slide to unlock": false,
| "Set visible SmartLink": false,
| "Un-Force user font-family in KePubs": false,
| "Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs": false,
| "Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs)": false,
| "Un-force link decoration in KePubs": false,
| "Use old keyboard on all devices": false,
| "Wikipedia Search language": false,
| "ePub constant font sharpness": true,
| "ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom": false,
| "ePub fixed top/bottom margins": false,
| "ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins": false,
| "ePub uniform font scale": false
| },
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": {
| "Default ePub monospace font (Courier)": true,
| "Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)": false,
| "Default ePub serif font (Amasis)": false,
| "Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)": false,
| "Disable orphans/widows avoidance": false,
| "Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)": true,
| "Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)": true,
| "Ignore ePub TOC navpoints": false,
| "Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)": true,
| "Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets": false
| },
| "src/nickel.yaml": {
| "Change pop-up footnote font-family": false,
| "Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1": false,
| "Custom font to collection and author titles": false,
| "Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%": true,
| "Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%": false,
| "Custom reading footer style": true,
| "Custom synopsis/details line spacing": false,
| "Custom synopsis/font size": false,
| "Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area": false,
| "Disable reading footer": false,
| "Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing": false,
| "Increase headlines font": true,
| "Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart": true,
| "Increase the cover size in library": true,
| "Increase the view details container size": true,
| "New home screen increasing cover size": false,
| "New home screen subtitle custom font": false,
| "Only Reading and My Books": true,
| "Reduce top/bottom page spacer": true,
| "Remove extra space on selection menu": true,
| "Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen": true,
| "Remove footer (row3) on new home screen": false,
| "Remove forgot pin button from lock screen": false,
| "Show all games": false
| }
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }


KoboPatch::OutputInit


KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch:penIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip'
Looking for KoboRoot.tgz in zip
--> found KoboRoot.tgz
--> opening KoboRoot.tgz
Opening gzip reader
Creating tar reader


KoboPatch::ApplyTranslations


KoboPatch::ApplyFiles


KoboPatch::WriteOutput
Removing old output tgz 'out/KoboRoot.tgz'
Closing tar
Closing gz
Writing buf to output 'out/KoboRoot.tgz'
Checking patched KoboRoot.tgz for consistency
sum:0 == expected:0

sha1 checksums:


Cheers, Gressi
Can you PM me your patch files? Something looks really off there, as the size of KoboRoot.tgz is zero, and the patches were skipped even though it seems you set the configuration file correctly.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #89
Maillemom
Connoisseur
Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.
 
Posts: 61
Karma: 28488
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bensalem, PA
Device: Nook Classic, Nook STG, Nook Color, Kindle, Kobo H2O
Trying to patch Kobo Limited Edition 4.15.12920

Hi All - I've patched before but didn't have any problems. Today I am trying to patch and when I run the batch file the KoboRoot.tgz is not created. What I see in the is below. It looks like it is looking for a
zip file but I don't have any files with the name it's looking for.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?



kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.15.12920",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": null,
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/nickel.yaml": null
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }

KoboPatch::OutputInit

KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch:penIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip'
--> open src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip: The system cannot find the file specified.
Maillemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #90
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DNSB's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,098
Karma: 27131869
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maillemom View Post
Hi All - I've patched before but didn't have any problems. Today I am trying to patch and when I run the batch file the KoboRoot.tgz is not created. What I see in the is below. It looks like it is looking for a
zip file but I don't have any files with the name it's looking for.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?



Spoiler:
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.15.12920",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": null,
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/nickel.yaml": null
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }

KoboPatch::OutputInit

KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch:penIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip'
--> open src/kobo-update-4.15.12920.zip: The system cannot find the file specified.
Download one of the Kobo update files for 4.15.12920, copy the .zip file into the src directory and try again. Check here for the firmware download links (it's the same link as the one in the download_firmware_here.txt file in the src directory). The hardware version doesn't matter for these purposes.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instructions for patching firmware 3.18.0 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 151 10-21-2016 06:15 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.17.3 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 60 09-17-2015 05:35 PM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.17.0 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 49 08-16-2015 05:20 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.16.0 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 74 08-12-2015 02:12 PM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 3.5.x GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 285 08-27-2014 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.