Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #406
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I wonder if I have better luck or worse eyes?
Lol, I do read manga on 6" Paperwhite 3 and 4. My distance vision is shot but my near vision is pretty good.

Maybe devices as well? Artifacts on 1067*1650 (1.8M pixels) blown up to 2732*2048 (5.6M pixels) on a 12.9" iPad can be pretty obvious.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #407
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Lol, I do read manga on 6" Paperwhite 3 and 4. My distance vision is shot but my near vision is pretty good.

Maybe devices as well? Artifacts on 1067*1650 (1.8M pixels) blown up to 2732*2048 (5.6M pixels) on a 12.9" iPad can be pretty obvious.
I read on a Surface Pro, 12.3" 2736x1824 pixels and not noticed them. I dunno. Maybe I'm not very discerning?

I just finished my book. I'll try reading through a comic downloaded using the Chrome plug-in, keeping an eye out for artifacting, see what I notice.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #408
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I read on a Surface Pro, 12.3" 2736x1824 pixels and not noticed them. I dunno. Maybe I'm not very discerning?

I just finished my book. I'll try reading through a comic downloaded using the Chrome plug-in, keeping an eye out for artifacting, see what I notice.
Sent you a PM with a sample page taken from Chrome comic-backup plug-in, Comixology DRM-free backup and Kindle for PC 1.21 download.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:51 PM   #409
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Sent you a PM with a sample page taken from Chrome comic-backup plug-in, Comixology DRM-free backup and Kindle for PC 1.21 download.
Thanks for that. I replied
Old 07-18-2019, 11:56 PM   #410
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Well, regular price until you take the 60% off. So they are possibly the cheapest they’ll ever be.
That DC60 code is a dangerous thing

As a reader that was never overly interested in either of the two superhero 'shared universes', DC was always the better publisher. They just put out more stand-alone stuff. I keep remembering old miniseries.

I just purchased the Howard Chaykin take on Challengers of the Unknown.

I wish they had his take on Blackhawk available...

Last edited by ZodWallop; 07-19-2019 at 12:00 AM.