Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 04:25 AM   #1
Aniuortes
Aniuortes began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 (PB632)
Touch HD 3 frozen screen

Hi,
Since yesterday, the screen of my Touch HD 3 (PB632) is frozen. I have tried to reset it by holding the on/off button for a while (up to one minute) with no luck.

What is very strange is that I have the impression that the touch screen is still responding. If I connect it to the computer and touch the screen on the right place to allow the USB connection, this reader appears in the file explorer.

Any idea what I can do*?*I have access to the file system, so maybe there is something to do there ?

Thanks

PS: To be complete, it is sold under the name Tea HD Plus, which is apparently in some European countries, but the model is well a Pocketbook PB632. I don't think it makes any differences.
Aniuortes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
slkissinger
Connoisseur
slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD, Xiaomi InkPalm
All I can think of is to let it charge overnight, see if having a full charge helps?
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
totasenior
totasenior began at the beginning.

Device: PB Inkpad 3 pro; PB Touch HD 3; Pocketbook Color
Recommended option:
Hold down the forward and backward buttons and the power button at the same time.
The method is also included in the manual.
totasenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Aniuortes

Thanks for your answers. I have tried the forward/backward and on/off buttons without success. I have also tried what the procedure here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZkDtq2KQQ

I will let it charge overnight, but I have little hope…
Old 06-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Sounds more like you broke your screen. Have some pics?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:05 AM   #6
Aniuortes

Sorry for my late answer. I couldn't provide a pic as I had sent it back for repair.*It came back yesterday. It is mentioned on the repair note that they replaced the motherboard.
Thanks a lot.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:21 AM   #7
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Device: Poke2, Hisense A5
I have the same problem. It happened after 3 days of my 1 month walking trip. Real shitty. Nothing to do then to carry 160 grams of useless weight and nothing to read what is a big thing for a holiday.
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #8
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
I have the same problem. It happened after 3 days of my 1 month walking trip. Real shitty. Nothing to do then to carry 160 grams of useless weight and nothing to read what is a big thing for a holiday.
Get a flip cover case for it if you don't have one already. It's cheap insurance. Pocketbook sells them.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:03 AM   #9
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Get a flip cover case for it if you don't have one already. It's cheap insurance. Pocketbook sells them.
Its not an outside hardware issue as a broken screen or so. Internally something went wrong, a case wouldnt have changed that.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #10
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Its not an outside hardware issue as a broken screen or so. Internally something went wrong, a case wouldnt have changed that.
If it was in a backpack the whole ereader could have flexed. I'm always worried about that with mine because my backpack is stuffed full and bulging.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:38 AM   #11
Aniuortes

Bad news. One month after the repair, my reader is broken again. Almost the same symptoms. I was reading normally, then when changing the page, the reader froze. This time, it seems to have been stuck while changing the page, as both pages are visible.

I know that on the picture it can look like the screen is broken, but that's not the case. It is frozen like the first time.

Picture of it.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:38 PM   #12
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniuortes View Post
Bad news. One month after the repair, my reader is broken again. Almost the same symptoms. I was reading normally, then when changing the page, the reader froze. This time, it seems to have been stuck while changing the page, as both pages are visible.

I know that on the picture it can look like the screen is broken, but that's not the case. It is frozen like the first time.

Picture of it.
I'd say that either you got a poorly made unit or you're rough on them and don't realize it.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:10 AM   #13
Aniuortes

I don't think I'm rough with it. I'm still using my smartphone from 3 years ago (a redmi 3, so not a special rugged one) without important scratches, I also have a kobo aura from 5 years ago that I'm also still using. So I don't think I'm a kind of rough guy ;-).
My son has inherited of my older pocketbook, he is rough with it, but no issues up till now.
So I really think I've had the wrong one...
Old 07-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #14
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
I had the same thing with a Bookeen. The picture really look like the screen is broken, especially if you say that the rest seems to be working.

I'm a bit worried as I'm going to take my PB632 to a trip and cannot imagine having it to break at the start of the trip ;-)
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #15
wizz
Enthusiast

Back from holiday I handed my broken one in and immediately I got a brand new one in return. So guarantee service is top.