Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #16
BetterRead
Zealot
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm guessing ??? perhaps it was if you had one or more Penguin or Random House books on your wish list - the book it referenced in the email I got was a Random House non-fiction title priced at $14.99.

But as mentioned above, the credit has also been appearing for some, but not all Penguin and Random House titles for me. I'm going to have to make some decisions today - I don't want to leave it to the last moment, since sometimes credits expire a bit early (or late).
The email I got thanked me for adding Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland to my Wish List. Which is strange because I didn't. I only accessed its page to read about it -- and subsequently found the book at my local library.

The credit only seems to show up on Penguin Group (USA) or Random House LLC titles priced at $9.99 and above.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #17
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
I did find the credit on Orhan Pamuk’s Istanbul (Deluxe Edition): Memories and the City, which is $5.99 (and in Great on Kindle)
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:16 AM   #18
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
See post below.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-01-2019 at 01:30 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:26 AM   #19
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
I did find the credit on Orhan Pamuk’s Istanbul (Deluxe Edition): Memories and the City, which is $5.99 (and in Great on Kindle)
I had the credit, too. The book ended up to be 24 cents. It was a tough decision to make , but I ended up buying it.

My interest lies much more in ancient history, so I have a greater interest in Byzantium, which became Constantinople (which became Istanbul). But, I'll still find the book a very interesting read. Thanks for mentioning it.

I visited Istanbul once, as a part of a larger, group tour package. We began the tour by flying into Istanbul. It so happened that I was sick the first day of the tour, so I missed most of the sites of the City (including the Hagia Sophia!). My strongest memory of Istanbul is of walking down the street from the hotel to a small pharmacy, trying to explain in English to the pharmacist what was wrong with me, while all that he (and the others in the little store, apparently) understood was Turkish.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-01-2019 at 01:30 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #20
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Grave's a Fine and Private Place is the next to most recent (9th of 10) in the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley, and has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle US this morning.

If you're into mysteries, especially historical mysteries, this is an excellent series, AND the wish list credit appears to work on this title, so you can pick it up for free if you have credit left. (At least, it worked for me, and I got it for free...)

Info in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...28#post3863028

Last edited by sufue; 07-02-2019 at 12:44 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #21
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And thanks for this - I was able to use what was left of my credit(s) on this, to get it for a bit under $2.

I've only been to Istanbul once, but we were there for about 10 days, including a couple of side trips out of the city, one to Gallipoli and one up the Bosphorus, and I loved every minute. (Luckily, unlike @GtrsRGr8, I didn't get sick...)

So I'm looking forward to reading this. And I earned some Great on Kindle credit too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:42 AM   #22
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Kindle Wish List $5 credit ????

I just got another email for a $5 credit for a wish list ebook. Again, it is another recent Penguin/Random House title for $14.99 before the credit, so it's over the $9.99 minimum like before. I haven't checked any other titles yet. The terms in the email are the same as last time: expires in 7 days with a $15 maximum credit (so 3 uses).

Update: So I did some checking and the same books from last time are eligible this time. And again, $5 off doesn't drop the price of any titles I want low enough for me to bite. Here's hoping for a good sale!

Last edited by bookmarked; 07-27-2019 at 05:44 AM.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
...it is another recent Penguin/Random House title for $14.99 before the credit, so it's over the $9.99 minimum like before.
Actually, Bobby Heinlein's The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress is on sale for $1.99 and the $5 credit is showing as applicable to it, so the book is free.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #24
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks ZodWallop

Another sale title to use with the credit is Grant by Ron Chernow for $1.99 or free if you have promo credit left.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W2J89PV/
Old 07-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #25
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Can some of you post links to the Lists?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #26
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Can some of you post links to the Lists?
I don't think there are any lists. Basically, some people with an eligible title on their Amazon wish list got this $5 credit good towards any eligible title. Eligible titles seem to be some, but not all, Random House or Penguin titles with a normal price of $9.99 or more. Eligible titles that are on sale can still use the credit even if the sale price is less than $5, making it effectively free.

Scroll back through the thread for some eligible titles people have found. If you aren't sure if you got the credit, follow one of the links above (while logged in on Amazon) and you should see a credit right under the price.

HTH
Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #27
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Eligible titles seem to be some, but not all, Random House or Penguin titles with a normal price of $9.99 or more. Eligible titles that are on sale can still use the credit even if the sale price is less than $5, making it effectively free.
Yeah, I think The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress and Grant are unicorns.

I checked the five Frank Herbert Dune books. None are on sale. The credit would apply to 1, 3, 4 and 5 (priced at $9.99). But not to 2 (priced at $8.99).

I appreciate the credit and all, but it is the most frustrating sale I've seen. I'd love to buy the Penguin Classics edition of Manon Lescaut, priced at $9.99. But because the publisher is listed as Pen UK, it's not on sale.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:11 PM   #28
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't think there are any lists. Basically, some people with an eligible title on their Amazon wish list got this $5 credit good towards any eligible title. Eligible titles seem to be some, but not all, Random House or Penguin titles with a normal price of $9.99 or more. Eligible titles that are on sale can still use the credit even if the sale price is less than $5, making it effectively free.

Scroll back through the thread for some eligible titles people have found. If you aren't sure if you got the credit, follow one of the links above (while logged in on Amazon) and you should see a credit right under the price.

HTH
I had the Credit for several days & have 12 random house books on my WL Not 1 is eligible. Most are $15 or more!
Why I asked for a Link to the Titles that ARE Eligible
Old 07-29-2019, 08:53 PM   #29
bookmarked
Addict

Yeah, this feels like an experiment to me. The publisher seems to be testing to see if it knocks $5 off the price of wish-listed books $10+ then how does that influence sales.

Doing it as a targeted credit lets them experiment without really committing to lower prices, I think.

I suspect the ability to use the credit on sale priced books is an unanticipated loophole.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #30
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I got GRANT & The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress ... for my son. He likes these kinds of books ... thanks!