Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 12:11 AM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
My wish is that someone would develop something similar to the layout NYT uses for Comments - a hide and show scrollable notes side bar, with an option to track the main text automagically. That would make reading heavily end-noted e-books an improvement on reading the same works as p-books.

I suspect that's doable without any major change to the mark up code standards.

BR
Yeah, but...can you imagine how that would work on a small screen?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:40 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was thinking an e-viewer program that runs on a tablet/laptop/desktop etc, not a an e-reader device or a phone app. Anything would be better than juggling a tablet in one hand to read the text, and a phone in the other to read the notes.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was thinking an e-viewer program that runs on a tablet/laptop/desktop etc, not a an e-reader device or a phone app. Anything would be better than juggling a tablet in one hand to read the text, and a phone in the other to read the notes.
I know you were. But I confess, as my world tends to be having to CONSTANTLY think about the devices....

I remember when we made those sidebars work, for that one book--and that was a long time ago, mind you; (2014), and I was so pleased, but crapdoodle, that was a cringy mess on a smartphone! LOL...

Hitch
Old 06-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #19
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
My wish is that someone would develop something similar to the layout NYT uses for Comments - a hide and show scrollable notes side bar, with an option to track the main text automagically. That would make reading heavily end-noted e-books an improvement on reading the same works as p-books.
I still think back to that topic in 2014 where we discussed alternate (theoretical) ways of displaying footnotes:

Pop-up notes for iPad
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
I still think back to that topic in 2014 where we discussed alternate (theoretical) ways of displaying footnotes:

Pop-up notes for iPad
And round and round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows...in 5 years, the topic has moved forward not one real iota.

Hitch