Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
KoReader 2019.1 - No DJVU

I have a Kobo Glo with KoReader installed. There are 3 DJVU books on it which I have read previously.

I updated from 2018.12 to 2019.1 this morning and now if I try to open any of these books KOReader responds wih an error

"No reader engine for this is file or invalid file"

As I have read the files previously the file cannot be invalid.

Is there an issue with this build ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It is reported working in the next release 2019.1-2.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I've had a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4469 and I think I'll wait for the next stable release rather than a "nightly".

At least someone is looking into it.

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 01-10-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
While the automated tests didn't and couldn't catch the MuPDF issue on some systems (like Android) issue, it's unclear to me why they didn't catch this wider issue with DjVu. These two tests open a DjVu file and they don't fail, even though it did in the actual program.

I nuked the borked v2019.1 release files and I'll replace them with v2019.1.1 tonight.

I'll hopefully also find some time to write a test that'll properly fail on v2019.1 to prevent future regressions like this.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Small update: I discovered why neither I nor the tests caught it:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-453190019

Quote:
So start the program, load a DjVu, get this error:

[…]

Start the program, load a PDF, then a DjVu, everything's hunky dory.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:17 AM   #6
BobC
Guru

At least that provides a simple workround until the next stable update.

Thanks.

Now I need to find a PDF to put on the Glo - something I have avoided to date.

BobC
Old 01-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard

No need for a workaround; the binaries in the stable release are good since last night: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.01

(That's 2019.01.1)
Old 01-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #8
BobC
Guru

I tried an OTA update but it says I'm up to date. Perhaps my phraseology was wrong regarding "stable".

Anyway loading PDF first certainly works for me and the need to read DJVU is infrequent so I'll wait for an OTA.

BobC
Old 01-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

My bad, I forgot to update the zsync files for the OTA update. I really ought to automate that. The stable OTA update will now update to what's technically the first nightly, but for all intents and purposes it's exactly the same thing (with working DjVu support).