Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
superjoefly
superjoefly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question Glo HD--Adjusting the dark lines that border the screen?

I have a Kobo Glo Hd. There is a dark line that borders the top, bottom and sides that I believe is used, in part, to even out the front light. Generally, these lines can only be seen by tilting the ereader and looking underneath the bezel. On mine, the dark line is more visible on the right side of the screen than on the left which creates a shadow along the right side of the screen that is somewhat distracting. I think that the screen may be slightly off center. I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust these lines that border the screen. Thanks :-)
superjoefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Mine has no shadowing on the sides. There is a slight shadow at the bottom but it's very faint.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I don't think there is a way to adjust, but if its new you could try and exchange it.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:04 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Show us a photo of it?

If the display itself is off center there is nothing you can do...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #5
superjoefly

It's very slight, and I don't know if I can catch it with a camera, but I'll try to upload a picture this afternoon (US). I bought it from Japan through the bay, so returns and exchanges are difficult and time consuming. I don't know if I can return/exchange through Kobo-US because I didn't buy it through their website.

I think it's better than the three Kindle Paperwhites I tried, so if those lines aren't adjustable, then I'll probably get used to it. Other than the slight shadowing, I really like it!

Last edited by superjoefly; 08-15-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Advert
Old 08-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #6
superjoefly

Here are the pictures. The shadowing that bothers me is on the right side of the screen along the edge...mostly toward the bottom...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160815_101908.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	638.9 KB
ID:	151002   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160815_102624.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	815.2 KB
ID:	151007   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160815_102149.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	881.9 KB
ID:	151008  

Last edited by superjoefly; 08-15-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Managing attachments.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
My suggestion would be shrink the margins then you wouldn't notice the shadowing that much. What you are seeing is shadowing from the bezel reflecting on the glass. The text being so closed to the edge is probably amplifying the effect.

This is perfectly normal by the way.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 08-15-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote