Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Whispersync for Voice goes live in the UK

Amazon's Whispersync comes to UK

Quote:
Whispersync for Voice, Amazon’s feature which allows for synchronised reading and listening across devices, has been made available in the UK for the first time.

The technology launched in the US in 2012, and allows people to switch between reading a Kindle book and listening to the corresponding audiobook without losing their place. It is available on Kindle devices, Kindle for Android and Kindle for iOA, and has been launched by Amazon UK and Audible.co.uk.
To promote the launch, Amazon is giving away 10 titles for a limited time.

Kindle Books with Audio Companions -- 32,000+ titles
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Whispersync finally at Audible UK

I was at audible UK yesterday and I suddenly realised that Whispersync has finally arrived on this side of the pond. Have I been totally oblivious and just not noticed before or has it just happened? I managed to pick up several books in my wish list for £2.99 - £3.49 because I had the kindle version. Bargain.

A lot of the other books were still more expensive than the price of a credit so I can keep my credits for them.

Anyone who has been using the US site have any handy hints?
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathos View Post
I was at audible UK yesterday and I suddenly realised that Whispersync has finally arrived on this side of the pond. Have I been totally oblivious and just not noticed before or has it just happened? I managed to pick up several books in my wish list for £2.99 - £3.49 because I had the kindle version. Bargain.

A lot of the other books were still more expensive than the price of a credit so I can keep my credits for them.

Anyone who has been using the US site have any handy hints?
It just went live.

You should visit this thread in the Deals & Freebies Forum -- Current Audiobook Specials -- where Whispersync is frequently discussed.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It just went live.

You should visit this thread in the Deals & Freebies Forum -- Current Audiobook Specials -- where Whispersync is frequently discussed.
Cheers. I'm trying to figure out their weird pricing strategy. Some audiobooks are so cheap for the whispersync version whilst others are hardly reduced at all.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Cheers. I'm trying to figure out their weird pricing strategy. Some audiobooks are so cheap for the whispersync version whilst others are hardly reduced at all.
I haven't figured it out myself. But I do love the really cheap ones.
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Yes, same in U.S. Sometimes when the e-book has a sale price, the companion audiobook will also get a temporary lower price. I've noticed this on the Kindle Daily Deals a few times.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #7
bathos
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Yes, same in U.S. Sometimes when the e-book has a sale price, the companion audiobook will also get a temporary lower price. I've noticed this on the Kindle Daily Deals a few times.
Cheers, that's handy to know. I want to get good value for my credits and not waste them on something that ends up being really cheap.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #8
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Less than 10% of the ebooks I have from Amazon have the audio available, most of which I've read already. Had a quick listen to the few I have not read yet and I found the narrator(s) really irritating. Safe to say I won't bother with it...
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #9
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Less than 10% of the ebooks I have from Amazon have the audio available, most of which I've read already. Had a quick listen to the few I have not read yet and I found the narrator(s) really irritating. Safe to say I won't bother with it...
Does anyone know if you can use your uk login to get the audio versions from the states, I know that when I had a look at it, the site did at least read my library from the uk site to see what ones it could match with?
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
agua102
agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablet w8,android,ipad,prs1,boox92
No immersive mode in the offer.
Is there a chance to get a immersive book free in amazon.uk?
agua102 is offline   Reply With Quote