Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Title to Title-Sort

I added a folder of epubs and then I saw that the Title-Sort fields were really messed up

I tried Bulk metadata edit, but couldn't figure out a way (that I was comfortable with) to do them all at once.

What would be the best way to generate the Title-Sort field from the Title field?

I did them one at a time, and it wasn't much fun

Thanks
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I added a folder of epubs and then I saw that the Title-Sort fields were really messed up

I tried Bulk metadata edit, but couldn't figure out a way (that I was comfortable with) to do them all at once.

What would be the best way to generate the Title-Sort field from the Title field?

I did them one at a time, and it wasn't much fun

Thanks
Bulk mode Metadata edit.
tick the box Update Title Sort
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2021, 11:11 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Bulk mode Metadata edit.
tick the box Update Title Sort
Thanks

That's a pretty dog gone busy dialog box

But since you told me it really was there, I looked harder (like I should have done before) and found it
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote