Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 12:46 AM   #1
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
www.mobileread.mobi Problem

When I try to go to www.mobileread.mobi (or m.mobileread.com which seems to redirect to www.mobileread.mobi) I get a "Bad Gateway", "Connection Timeout" or other error. It was working correctly a few days ago. Did someone forget to renew a domain name or something?

I don't use it often, but it has really come in handy over the last few weeks. A storm knocked out power and internet a few weeks ago. I got power back after about a week or so, but only got internet back this evening (yay!). I was using the experimental browser in my Kindle 3 with 3G to watch for ebook sales in the Deals forum since I could still buy and download ebooks from Amazon. Otherwise I would've gone crazy with no internet.

Yes, I could have used my cell phone, but I have a prepaid plan with a really tiny amount of data - Android mandatory updates use more than my monthly allotment. The Kindle's 3G is free (until they kill 3G in my area).
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:28 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
The connection has timed out

The server at www.mobileread.mobi is taking too long to respond.
Took quite a while to timeout. (Ireland)
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert