Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #31
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
For those who may be waiting for the price to go down, the time is now: Serafina and the Twisted Staff is currently $2.99 at Amazon.com
I am way over the age range for this book. Even so this was one of my favorite listens from 2016.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #32
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
I am way over the age range for this book. Even so this was one of my favorite listens from 2016.
I think the huge popularity among adults of the Harry Potter series ended any concerns about adults reading books targeted at kids. There are some really good books targeted at kids and young adults!
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 04:14 AM   #33
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
The Horse Lord by Peter Morwood (Book 1 of The Book of Years series) is 99p in the Kindle Daily Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAFAE...027503&sr=1-24
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:51 AM   #34
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
The Horse Lord by Peter Morwood (Book 1 of The Book of Years series) is 99p in the Kindle Daily Deal:
An omnibus of books one and two of his clan wars series is free at Amazon UK at the moment!

The Clan Wars Omnibus: Books 1-2

The individual books are still at £2.99 each.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #35
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Thank you, kind Sir mouse. Got it!
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #36
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
An omnibus of books one and two of his clan wars series is free at Amazon UK at the moment!

The Clan Wars Omnibus: Books 1-2

The individual books are still at £2.99 each.
Here's the link for it free in the USA:

https://www.amazon.com/Clan-Wars-Omn.../dp/B01N693UPH

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #37
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
The 2016 edition of Some of the Best from Tor.com is now available.

Just need to enter your email address so you're subscribed to the newsletter - full details via the link above.

The offer's apparently open globally until 17 January and there's a choice of Mobi or ePub formats when you follow the download link you get emailed.

Quote:
Contents

“Clover” Charlie Jane Anders
“The Art of Space Travel” Nina Allan
“The Destroyer” Tara Isabella Burton
“Traumphysik” Monica Byrne
“The High Lonesome Frontier” Rebecca Campbell
“Lullaby for a Lost World” Aliette de Bodard
“A Dead Djinn in Cairo” P. Djeli Clark
“Breaking Water” Indrapramit Das
“The Autobiography of a Traitor and a Half-Savage” Alix E. Harrow
“The City Born Great” N. K. Jemisin
“Everything That Isn’t Winter” Margaret Killjoy
“The Weight of Memories” Cixin Liu, translated by Ken Liu
“The Maiden Thief” Melissa Marr
“The Caretakers” David Nickle
“Your Orisons May Be Recorded” Laurie Penny
“meat+drink” Daniel Polansky
“The Three Lives of Sonata James” Lettie Prell
“The Great Detective” Delia Sherman
“Finnegan’s Field” Angela Slatter
“The Weather” Caighlan Smith
“Terminal” Lavie Tidhar
“Her Scales Shine Like Music” Rajnar Vajra
“La beauté sans vertu” Genevieve Valentine
“That Game We Played During the War” Carrie Vaughn
“A Fist of Permutations in Lightning and Wildflowers” Alyssa Wong

Last edited by Kieran Seymour; 01-10-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #38
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I think the huge popularity among adults of the Harry Potter series ended any concerns about adults reading books targeted at kids. There are some really good books targeted at kids and young adults!
I read whatever I like. The people who make a fuss about what others read need to put their noses back in their books and leave off. I have been reading Children's books since I was a kid. The Serafina books have the same kind of charm and fun as the books that drew me to reading as a kid in the first place. I believe we are in a Golden Age of Children and Young Adult fiction. There are so many great ones out now.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #39
Red Falcon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Seymour View Post
The 2016 edition of Some of the Best from Tor.com is now available.

Just need to enter your email address so you're subscribed to the newsletter - full details via the link above.

The offer's apparently open globally until 17 January and there's a choice of Mobi or ePub formats when you follow the download link you get emailed.
I bought or got through my library good portion of these already. Tor is putting out some of the best short speculative fiction today and I highly recommend this tome.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #40
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
I read whatever I like. The people who make a fuss about what others read need to put their noses back in their books and leave off. I have been reading Children's books since I was a kid. The Serafina books have the same kind of charm and fun as the books that drew me to reading as a kid in the first place. I believe we are in a Golden Age of Children and Young Adult fiction. There are so many great ones out now.
Me too. I bought copies of "The Dark is Rising" series by Susan Cooper long after I was grown. Some say fantasy is kids stuff but even adults can enjoy it. I still like "Lord of the Rings" as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #41
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Empress Game by Rhonda Mason is $1.99
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/empress-game

Hunter by Mercedes Lackey is $1.99
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/hunter-43
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #42
Auricle
Connoisseur
Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Green Rider by Kristen Britain is $1.74 from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Rider-B.../dp/B001JKV95U

First book in a decent YA fantasy series
Auricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #43
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Jack Strong - Walter Mosley (!) - 99 cents
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KODDUTQ
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #44
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Night Train to Rigel by Timothy Zahn is $.99. This is the first book in one of my favorite SF series ever.

The Tar-Aiym Krang by Alan Dean Foster is $.99. This is book two in his Pip and Flinx series (book one is $2.99, but not on sale).
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:37 AM   #45
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Susanna Clarke Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is £1.29 in todays Daily Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jonathan-St...4458514&sr=1-2
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote