Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
kobo to Calibre?

I can not seem to figure out how to load KOBO ebooks to Calibre. I do not see a download option on the website and I downloaded KOBO for PC then downloaded my books and still can not find the books on my PC. When I plug my KOBO into the PC only books I see in its directory is the side loaded books, not my KOBO books. I am at my whits end even after reading some other threads on this topic here i still can't figure it out
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:44 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
On the website go to your library, find the book you want to download, click the three dots ... and you should see an option to download.

An alternative would be the OBOK plugin and the Kobo desktop app (it might work with the device too), but you need to go to Apprentice Alf for discussion on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	169146  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
you will need to have ade installed to open up the ASCM then once its opened in the my digital editions folder you can go to calibre (get apprentice alf addins) and click add books and direct it the the my digital editions folder and click the book
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
you will need to have ade installed to open up the ASCM then once its opened in the my digital editions folder you can go to calibre (get apprentice alf addins) and click add books and direct it the the my digital editions folder and click the book
ASCM files are not 'opened", they are the Token used to retrieve (download) a document that will be encrypted to your account.You are correct, that you need Digital editions installed and 'authorized' (also) to that account (same as any other divice that you have that will accept that form of DRM
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
I must be hopeless I found the ADE folder but no books in it even tho i got the books uploaded to ADE

Last edited by HLS; 01-18-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Advert
Old 01-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard

yay I finally figured it out and got it uploaded to calibre