Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
tomul
tomul began at the beginning.

Device: none
Taskbar always on top

Is there any way, to pin the taskbar on top?

e.g.: Reading a kindle book, the taskbar hides. To return to "desktop", I will have to close the opened book and then close kindle. Always by hitting the return-hardware-button. That is annoying...
tomul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
jra166
Enthusiast
jra166 doesn't litterjra166 doesn't litter

Device: Boox N96
Floating toolbox app is my favorite 'always on top ' app drawer. May not be exactly what you desire, task bar, but thought I would throw it out there.
jra166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Go into Apps. Do a long touch on the app in question. Select Optimize App from the dropdwon list of options. Uncheck the "Always use in full screen" box.

In most apps, that will allow the Onyx task bar to be seen at the top of the screen. However, for a few apps, that doesn't seem to work. They always seem to use the full screen regardless of whether or not the box is unchecked. Not sure why.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:59 AM   #4
tomul
tomul began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot! I didn't know this "optimize App"-trick. It works fine. Just kindle rejects this settings. So I installed floating toolbox, that works fine for it.

Thank you both!
tomul is offline   Reply With Quote