Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
Ivan_Z
Ivan_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can't erase Headers with Regex

Hello. I'm new to this so I might be making some mistakes here but I'm trying to delete the headers of a PDF while converting it to MOBI.
In Search & Replace I'm searching for the following expression with no quote marks:
"<a id="p[0-9]+"></a>[0-9]+<br>Introduction<br>"

Calibre shows me there are 3 instances of this.

For replacement text I use blank or "", I have tried both.
I then Add it to the list.

When I convert the book the header is there in the middle of the text together with the page number.

Am I missing a step here? What should I use as replacement text to erase it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just realized there is a conversion subforum a bit down, sorry about posting in the wrong section.

Last edited by Ivan_Z; 12-28-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Ivan_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Ivan_Z
Ivan_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the link, everything requested is attached.
I created a sample from the actual PDF and now the "Introduction" expression is working, but there is a second one still not working. That expression is:
"<a id="p[0-9]+"></a>[0-9]+<br> T h e G r e a t G a m b l e<br>"
So both examples can be used to detect the problem.

Options different from default are:
Heuristic processing enabled.
In page setup, Kindle is selected.
In PDF Input, no image is selected.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample.zip (180.6 KB, 113 views)
Ivan_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's because the spaces are represented as entities in the actual HTML produced by the input plugin. I will add some code to replace those in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote