Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
stueyboy
stueyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre-server port not open issue on Fedora server

Hi Folks. Glad to find the forums seem full of helpful people. I've a feeling that I am dragging up a pretty common problem here as after searching, there seems to have been a few people have had this but I can't find the fix for linux servers so perhaps someone can help me.

I have installed Calibre and ran the server from the application successfully. I now want to run the server alone from the command line. When I enter the command I am getting the usual error

Quote:
IOError: Port 27015 not free on '192.168.0.5'
IS there a fix for this. I'm about to reboot the server but based on previous posts, I don't expect this to work. I'm running the server commands as root. Is it possible that previous server instances are holding the port ransom? I know what I'm doing to a certain limit with Linux and I'm at that limit now so if anyone has any helpful ideas, that would be ace.

Ta

Stu
stueyboy is offline   Reply With Quote