Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
LarryG
LarryG began at the beginning.

Device: TC1100
Tab not recognized for viewer navigation (HP TC1100)

I am just starting to use Calibre (what a great program!) for managing and reading ebooks on my HP TC1100 tablet PC. When used without its keyboard, I don't have any Page Down key, space, etc.

The TC1100 has a rocker bar on the side which is very convenient--it sends the up or down arrow keys and the Enter key (when pushed). Nearby is a Tab button above the rocker bar and an Esc key below it. So I wanted to use those for next page / previous page. The Esc is ok, but the Tab key can't be set in the key setup. It asks me to push the key I want, but won't take the Tab.

Can that either be changed, or is there another way I can patch in the Tab key for next page? I'm not experienced enough yet to know if using the Tab for next page will thwart some other function, so it seems like a good idea to me for the moment.

Thanks for a great program.

--Larry
LarryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click the hammer icon in the ebook viewer toolbar it will allow you to change keyboard shortcuts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
LarryG
LarryG began at the beginning.

Device: TC1100
That's what I tried, the Esc was recognized, but no action on pushing the Tab key. The tab key just jumps around among the different pushable buttons the way a tab key should.
LarryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm I may have to write a workaround for that. Open a ticket so I don't forget.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tablet pc, tc1100