Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Finally got a reader. A lightly used PRS-500

Hi everyone,

I finally picked myself up a reader. I found a PRS-500 on Craigslist/Kijiji listed locally. Looks brand new(it's not) and came in original box and all. $140 Canuck. I haven't really had a chance to play with it much yet other than to turn it on and make sure it worked. Hopefully I will get some stuff loaded onto it this weekend. I should be finished my current P-book by then too.

I really wanted to get a PRS-505 but couldn't really justify the cost at the moment and figured a PRS-500 for less than half the price would allow me to see how I like the experience of a Sony Reader. I am a linux user so will mostly be relying on the Wonderful Calibre software, I had a few small issues getting Linux to detect my reader but I may have figured out the issue with that and will test it out again when I get home.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I was very lucky. Found a 505 at the Sony store just after Christmas that was a window display and reduced 40%.

Anyway, enjoy your 500. And, if you really like it a lot, that might justify getting a 505 or even a 700.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert