Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
john4545
john4545 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Cannot install JBPatch

I have kindle PW2.
It has firmware 5.3.2

I have Jailbroken it.

Till now I have done this much as stated:

3) Protecting Yourself From OTA Updates

a) Plug your Kindle into a computer, and create a folder in the root (the base level of the kindle in USB mode) with the name [userstore]/update.bin.tmp.partial/

b) Install KUAL, the Kindle Unified Application Launcher. This is necessary for most of what you can install with a jailbreak.

c) Once you have ensured KUAL is working correctly (if it isn't, try step 2.5), install Backdoorlock according to the "Installing using KUAL" section. Then, open KUAL, press Back Door Lock, and then press Lock the back door.

4) Preparing for the Future

a) Install the K5 Rescue Pack according to the instructions included in the README.txt inside the zip.

b) Install the MobileRead Package Installer. This will ensure that if you are updated to 5.6.1- on purpose or on accident- you will still be able to install things.

When I am putting the JBPatch install bin the root directory,the update kindle is greyed out.
john4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4545 View Post
I have kindle PW2.
It has firmware 5.3.2

I have Jailbroken it.

Till now I have done this much as stated:

3) Protecting Yourself From OTA Updates

a) Plug your Kindle into a computer, and create a folder in the root (the base level of the kindle in USB mode) with the name [userstore]/update.bin.tmp.partial/

b) Install KUAL, the Kindle Unified Application Launcher. This is necessary for most of what you can install with a jailbreak.

c) Once you have ensured KUAL is working correctly (if it isn't, try step 2.5), install Backdoorlock according to the "Installing using KUAL" section. Then, open KUAL, press Back Door Lock, and then press Lock the back door.

4) Preparing for the Future

a) Install the K5 Rescue Pack according to the instructions included in the README.txt inside the zip.

b) Install the MobileRead Package Installer. This will ensure that if you are updated to 5.6.1- on purpose or on accident- you will still be able to install things.

When I am putting the JBPatch install bin the root directory,the update kindle is greyed out.
Most likely the correct behavior, the update_*.bin packages are "model locked".
I don't see PW2 mentioned in the first post of the JBpatch thread.

Last edited by knc1; 04-23-2015 at 08:47 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
john4545
john4545 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
What do I need to install a epub reader and a margin/font hack?
john4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4545 View Post
What do I need to install a epub reader and a margin/font hack?
KOreader
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote