Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Sony Connect wont start

Everytime I open the ebook library it gives me an unexpected error message and closes. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the same issue. Any Ideas?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
richyhu
Enthusiast
richyhu is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue), PRS-700, PRS-T1 (Black)
I had this problem over the weekend and resolved i t thanks to another post on here which recommended  adding the reader application to the DEP exclusion list.

My Computer => Properties => Advanced => Performance => Data Execution Prevention "Turn On DEP for all programs and services except those I select" option then browse for the reader executable in c:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Bin (or somewhere similar)
richyhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Sony saves the Day

I had emailed them about it and of course the first response from them was generic check internet explorer settings etc, I emailed them back and said that would be great except the Software wont even OPEN!!! I get an error encountered message and it shuts right back down so here is there second reply that solved the issue. Hope this helps

JJ

To help correct your issue with the eBook Library software please follow the steps below:

**For XP:

Go to Start>Control Panel and open Add/Remove programs. Find and uninstall/remove "eBook Library by Sony".

Open My Computer.
Go to Tools>Folder Options.
Click View and select “Show hidden files and folders” and click OK.

Please delete the following folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Marlin
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Sony Corporation
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library

**For Vista:

Go to Start>Control Panel and open Programs and Features>Uninstall a Program.

Open My Computer.
Go to Tools>Folder Options.
Click View and select “Show hidden files and folders” and click OK.

Please delete the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your eBook Library software from: http://ebooks.connect.com/downloadclient.html
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just love when shipped applications use their code/project name for the app data folder. Just so much fun.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Those are not code names. Kinoma is the company that developed Fsk - the underlying framework used by the demised CONNECT Player, eBook Library and the Reader itself. Marlin is the DRM system used by Sony for ebooks.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert