Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #2011
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
I love cello so much, though I prefer it in a bit different setting, for example like this:
How have I missed this band? Love it. Love them. Thanks for introducing me
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #2012
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #2013
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #2014
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #2015
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
One Crowded Hour - Augie March

(Can't post Youtube clips from work)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #2016
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
One Crowded Hour - Augie March

(Can't post Youtube clips from work)
The non-embeddable original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WMWKwVV2s

and recorded live at The Chapel (a little less than a minute of interview at the start):

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #2017
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
The non-embeddable original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WMWKwVV2s

and recorded live at The Chapel (a little less than a minute of interview at the start):

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks Marc, Youtube is blocked in our firewalls, thats why I cant post them

I can also happily report that I have during my absence found and purchased every album Augie March has recorded, most excellent music and I thank you for introducing them to me!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:55 AM   #2018
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks Marc, Youtube is blocked in our firewalls, thats why I cant post them

I can also happily report that I have during my absence found and purchased every album Augie March has recorded, most excellent music and I thank you for introducing them to me!
I didn't realise they'd have such impact (I think Queen Zee likes them too). At the moment I'm listening to one of their (relative) quickies:

This Train Will Be Taking No Passengers, Augie March

"We will adjust to this new condition of living like a man with his entrails now out him not in,
after certain techniques of torture accustoms himself to a new condition of living...train.
Thoughtful godless men find god in them at the age of twenty-five
but in a year death gains favor and they think themselves the more alive,
You'll find them in the loose caboose where the pills are kept and the stupid juice,
This one has a sleeping wheel, this one has a willing noose
- Onward and on to the ends of love, pricked vanity, habit and ruse.
Onward and on to a premature silence where death finds too much use..."
Old 08-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #2019
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I didn't realise they'd have such impact (I think Queen Zee likes them too). At the moment I'm listening to one of their (relative) quickies:
you think i "like" them too ? tch, you know i LOVE them, you mean ! as if there could be any doubt after i had them on endless repeat after first hearing them (thanks again for that !) !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #2020
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and thanks for that concert video. they're clearly just as excellent live as in studio. i hope someday they'll play in paris so i can see them.

(and it's augie march on endless repeat at zelda's house again...)
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #2021
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and thanks for that concert video. they're clearly just as excellent live as in studio. i hope someday they'll play in paris so i can see them.

(and it's augie march on endless repeat at zelda's house again...)
Mohahahahaha.... We'll get you to listen to Abba as well one of these days

And if they ever come to sweden (which i seriously doubt considering how hard it was to get their records here) I'm definitly there!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #2022
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Mohahahahaha.... We'll get you to listen to Abba as well one of these days
NEVAR !!!

Quote:
And if they ever come to sweden (which i seriously doubt considering how hard it was to get their records here) I'm definitly there!
if they ever go to sweden and don't come to paris as well, i'll be knocking at your door, we can go to the concert together.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #2023
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
NEVAR !!!

if they ever go to sweden and don't come to paris as well, i'll be knocking at your door, we can go to the concert together.
Deal!

"We are Abba of Borg, resistance is futile... gimme gimme gimme"
Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #2024
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
"We are Abba of Borg, resistance is futile... gimme gimme gimme"
AAAAARRG !!! (thank god you can't embed youtube videos from work !)
Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #2025
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
AAAAARRG !!! (thank god you can't embed youtube videos from work !)
Hey, look! Augie March are going to Paris. They announce it on this YouTube video!

Cheers,
Marc

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)