Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
urbster1
urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch 5.3.2 sticks on "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up"

I had tried to update from 5.1.2 to 5.3.2 previously and the update half-succeeded, leaving my KT stuck in a zombie-like state between half-working main mode and diags with no USB networking installed. So, in a half-enlightened moment I used RUNME.sh to dd a new 5.1.2 partition and the 5.3.2 update installed just fine from there. However, my Kindle will now only boot to main using MfgTool. It boots just fine and 5.3.2 is working great with no problems, but when restarting via the Kindle menu it just gets stuck on "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up" at which point I need to use MgfTool to boot it to main again. I have even tried a reset of the device but it's not helping. I do have all my documents backed up so it's not an issue to lose data. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
urbster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
When you copied the new partition, did you also copy the matching kernel?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
urbster1
urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.urbster1 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Touch
Derp. Sure didn't. Guess that would explain some things, eh?

edit: Got it, thanks! If anyone wants to, feel free to add this to the list of successful debricking reports.

Last edited by urbster1; 01-25-2013 at 01:55 PM.
urbster1 is offline   Reply With Quote