Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
esin
esin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sync sideloaded books across devices?

One thing I liked about my Kindle was syncing reading progress so I could read continue on my phone if I ever didn't have the kindle handy.

A while ago I read that Kindle was unable to sync sideloaded epubs. That changed with the help of Calibre. Just convert the epub to mobi and it will have what it needs to sync apparently.

Would a Kobo Glo be able to sync my sideloaded epubs by default? Or would I have to do something to them with Calibre to get it working?
esin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Kobo's servers will never know what sideloaded books you have on the reader. This is due to privacy concerns. Because of those concerns Kobo can only offer sync with books you buy from them.

I for one prefer it that way. I can accept them knowing what books I buy from them. I don't want them snooping in the rest of my library.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert