Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
PRS-T2: Where are books/data stored on a Mac?

hi all, i just got my PRS-T2 connected to my Mac, but i don't know where 'My library' is. could someone help me out please? i tried searching google, but nothing came up.

thanks all!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
For Adobe Digital Editions, in ~/Documents/Digital Editions.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
ok my 'digital editions' folder just has a log file and an .xml file.

however, there is a folder called 'my books' and it looks like it has my books in it. is this the right one? where are my notes etc stored?

thanks
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think "My Books" is where the Sony ebooks software stores books. I don't know about notes, etc.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
where are my notes etc stored?
I believe notes are stored in the databases found in the Sony Reader folder.

Highlights and book annotations appear to be in the annotations table of books.db

I think notes you write to yourself outside of books are in the notepads.db

P.S. The above refers to where notes are stored on the T2 itself. Just realized that maybe you're asking about where notes are stored on a desktop application (like Adobe Digital Editions or Sony Reader for Mac). If so, ignore this.

Last edited by pssquirrel; 10-04-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: P.S. clarification
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
ok my 'digital editions' folder just has a log file and an .xml file.

however, there is a folder called 'my books' and it looks like it has my books in it. is this the right one? where are my notes etc stored?

thanks
It sounds like you are using the Sony Reader for Mac software to download books and not Adobe Digital Editions. Therefore, you should see book files in the folder Documents > My Books > Reader.

Regarding annotations, you could sync your books and notes with the Sony software and then export your notes to an RTF file. Or, you could try a google search on "T1 annotations mobileread" to find previous threads that recommend various methods to extract the data from the database directly on your T2. At least I expect similar methods for the T1 should work on the T2, but I haven't tried them. You might want to post a separate thread specific to annotations.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote