Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #16
EvMB1
Enthusiast
EvMB1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Since last posting, I dropped my kindle in a bucket of water so things are kind of at a stand still...
EvMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
I know you have already paid for Kindlean, but for the sake of anyone else reading this thread...

Calibre with the Kindle Collections plugin is free. Donations are gratefully received. A very powerful tool to administer your books.
Thanks for this suggestion. I've actually had alot of trouble with Kindlean crashing and throwing up unknown error pages. I've downloaded thie Kindle Collections plugin but it only recognises 37 of my 1472 files. My files are mostlly personal documents - either .txt or mobi with some books downloaded from Amazon.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

On the plus side, I contacted Amazon about my Kindle I dropped in the bucket of water and they sold me a new one for a cheaper price and is apparently an 'upgraded kindle'. (????) I had removed the battery and put it in a container with rice for a week but it's still dead as a doornail.
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Have you read the first post in this thread?

I followed the spoilers in order, and it worked beautifully for me.

Meme has done a fantastic job of documenting this tool.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #19
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Suggestions? Calibre library says I have 433 authors but the backup shows 437

Hi this is probably in the wrong place but I couldn't work out where to put it.

I have 433 authors listed in Calibre but when I 'save to disk' to make a backup, there are 4 extra. There were 6 extra but I was able to find those. Anyone got a suggestion for a quick way to find the offending extras? I've gone through the list over and over and can't find them.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Probably best to post that query in the Calibre forum -

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Probably best to post that query in the Calibre forum -

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
Thanks for the link. I was going to be asking for that sometime soon. ;-)
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
I'm working on two Kindle Keyboards, call them 3Ga and 3Gb. Using Collection Manager on 3Gb, I renamed all my collections with a leading underscore as recommended, and moved around all the books the way I wanted them. Everything was beautiful. Instead of doing the same thing on 3Ga, I tried loading the collections from 3Gb. I got a mix of collections with and without underscores, and there were some missing. I deleted all collections from 3Ga. I did a Sync & Check for Items on 3Gb, and tried again. Same results. I deleted all collections from 3Ga again. I restarted 3Gb, then did another Sync & Check for Items and tried loading collections one more time. Same results. I gave up and redid 3Ga manually using Collection Manager. But... it SHOULD have worked, shouldn't it? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote