Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Having Trouble With The Kobo Desktop

When I click sync on my Kobo desktop this message keeps coming up, "We are unable to update your devices database. Syncing cannot be completed. Has anyone had this? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

TIA.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BUMP.
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Which Kobo? Which firmware? Which desktop version? If you are using 1.9 on the WiFi Kobo, you will need 1.9 desktop.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic

Oh sorry didn't know there was a 1.9 desktop version. My Kobo is the wi-fi version and I currently have the 1.8 version. Where do I get the 1.9 version from? Is it available on the Kobo site?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 AM   #5
MorganM
Fanatic

I might also have a bit of a prob getting it to open up as I use a linux system and I did find a thread that forces the 1.8 version to work on Linux but with a link the guy posted last Dec. Sucks I can't get the desktop to work on linux.
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
You could try to run the latest windows version in wine. I have it running with Crossover Office (I don't own a Kobo so I can't comment on the connectivity with the device), but the software runs without hassle.

Might work.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
MorganM
Fanatic

Well I managed to get the new version on my computer but my Kobo is not showing up on the desktop. Any ideas what I can do to get it to recognise my Kobo?

Last edited by MorganM; 04-13-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
MorganM
Fanatic

Woohoo I have managed to get Kobo and ADE to open through WINE. Took me like 4mths! BUT my Kobo is not showing up on the Kobo desktop or ADE. Help?!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
So did you install the latest 1.9 under wine on your Linux install?

If so I suggest you plug in your Kobo and have it recognise the reader, THEN load the Kobo app. I've had far more success with apps running under Wine recognising USB devices provided they have been plugged in before loading the app.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
MorganM
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
So did you install the latest 1.9 under wine on your Linux install?

If so I suggest you plug in your Kobo and have it recognise the reader, THEN load the Kobo app. I've had far more success with apps running under Wine recognising USB devices provided they have been plugged in before loading the app.
Yes I have plugged and unmounted the Kobo and plugged it in again and then I opened the desktop and ADE and they still aren't showing the Kobo.