Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Defective Circular Control

The inner circle of the circular control, which should move up and down through the menu, doesn't rock in all 4 directions, only sporadically actually moves the cursor, and doesn't input the options correctly. The only way to use the menu is with the numbered buttons. The store I got it from is sold out.

edit: Never mind, I'm such an idiot! It's a joystick, not concentric rings of buttons.

Can I blame it on my migraine?

Last edited by Michele; 10-03-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
Can I blame it on my migraine?
Is that like that song, "Blame it on the 'graine?" Sure go ahead.

I was afraid we had our first Reader Defect report there for a moment!

Last edited by NatCh; 10-03-2006 at 05:45 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

gotcha'
Old 10-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No worries, I feel more than compensated by the opportunity for making such an egregious pun.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
Quote:
The inner circle of the circular control, which should move up and down through the menu, doesn't rock in all 4 directions, only sporadically actually moves the cursor, and doesn't input the options correctly. The only way to use the menu is with the numbered buttons. The store I got it from is sold out.
Don't worry, when I first tried playing with the Reader (in the store), I thought that Sony had disabled certain features or something when I couldn't use the arrows correctly. Needless to say, I also found out the correct way after fiddling with my own Reader. You're not the only one.
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
Michele
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
No worries, I feel more than compensated by the opportunity for making such an egregious pun.
I'm reading the Callahan books by Spider Robinson, and your egregiousness is much better than most of those puns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegene
Don't worry, when I first tried playing with the Reader (in the store), I thought that Sony had disabled certain features or something when I couldn't use the arrows correctly. Needless to say, I also found out the correct way after fiddling with my own Reader. You're not the only one.
Thanks, I feel much better about my - our - idiocy.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
I'm reading the Callahan books by Spider Robinson, and your egregiousness is much better than most of those puns!
Oh, I can do much worse, I once ran a dorm floor-mate clean out of the building to escape the punishment. Kept yelling them at him out the window 'til he was out of sight too.