Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2015, 02:42 AM   #1
whitesnake
whitesnake began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G P7320T
Library with out copying files.

Hi Guys, i have recently started using calibre. But when i add books, calibre copys them from there original folder to some other.

What i would like to to, is to manage my backend i.e

D:\books\math\"books on math"
D:\books\economics\"books on economics"
... etc.

What i got is

if i add books from the above directories i get

D:\books\math\"books on math"
D:\books\"author1 from math library"
D:\books\"author2 from math library"
... etc

in conclusion i have dublicates of all my books.

I hope my question is clear, else please write and i will try to elabroate..

Cheers
Whitesnake
whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:29 AM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
The folder structure and file names in the Calibre library are controlled by Calibre (and only Calibre!).

Please, see the Calibre manual for an explanation of the creator:
Why doesn't Calibre let me store books in my own directory structure.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
calibre will make copes for its own internal use, much like iTunes and its "consolidate files" option, except with calibre it is mandatory.

Simply delete all the old copies, and rely on calibre to manage things, and if you need the old folder structure for some reason, you can use Save to Disk.

See the detailed explanation for why you might prefer calibre's way.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the Set a Tags feature during the Adding from your SINGLE path choice.

Preferences:Adding Books: Tags to Apply when adding a book

Tags (fine metadata) are so much more flexible that a pathname (coarse metadata)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duplicate books, library