Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
johneakins
johneakins began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo ThinkPad 36795mu
ThinkPad: downloading Kindle format from Gutenburg Press

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad 36795mu (I believe it's referred to as a 10", although the display is 5" x 8.75") running Win 8.1. It came with a Kindle reader. I found that I could not (or did not know how to) download books from Project Gutenberg in Kindle format and get them to show up in my Kindle reader on the ThinkPad. (For my Kindle Fire HD, I download them to my computer as Kindle and then transfer them by USB to my Fire, where they show up like any book downloaded from Amazon.)

So I've been downloading the books from Project Gutenberg as EPUB either directly to the ThinkPad or to my computer and then doing a transfer. Then I read the books with the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).

But I'm not satisfied with the read from ADE. I'd really like to read them in the Kindle Reader on the ThinkPad and have them show up in the Kindle Reader library on the ThinkPad.

Can I do that? Can you explain how? Thanks.
johneakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You probably have the Windows 8 Kindle App installed. Download and install "Kindle for PC" and you'll then be able to read books that are stored locally on your PC.

(Screen sizes always refer to the diagonal measurement, by the way.)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
gutenberg, kindle, thinkpad