Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #1996
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free video game from Humble Bundle until around 10 AM Saturday (November 25th) as promotion for the Fall Sale in their Humble Store:

Sanctum 2 a sci-fi-ish defense game where you play a set of guards (with a mecha-suit option, apparently) defending a tower from invaders @ the Humble Store (Windows, Mac & Linux via Steam key, requires Steam account linked to your HB account, must redeem key in Steam app by Dec 9th)

Sanctum 2 is the sequel to the world’s first Tower Defense/FPS hybrid game. Pick from four unique character classes and protect the Core! Outfit your character exactly the way you want through the new and extensive customization system. Choose your own loadout of towers, weapons and perks, but choose wisely because you are humanity’s last defense against the unrelenting hordes set out to destroy it.

Sanctum 2 is a new game completely rebuilt from the ground up using community feedback and innovative design to really push the bar of what an indie studio can do.

In Sanctum 2, you will utilize elements from multiple gameplay genres to succeed. Construct towers and walls during the building phase before the enemies attack, then jump into the fray and blast everything to pieces in FPS mode. You can progress through the single-player campaign yourself, or play with up to four friends in co-op!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #1997
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
At Google Play I found a .99 movie rental deal. Sometimes these offers don't show up for everyone, but might be worth taking a look:
https://play.google.com/store
There are also other offers there today.
Thanks! I didn’t get the rental offer, but I did get 50% off a movie purchase and $5 off book more than $5 deals.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #1998
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demingy View Post
Thanks! I didn’t get the rental offer, but I did get 50% off a movie purchase and $5 off book more than $5 deals.
Great! I visited the site again today and got $5 off of any book over $5 and 50% off of any movie also
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #1999
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Music Contest -- exp 05 Dec

Amazon Music 2017 Holiday Echo Sweepstakes

30 listeners will win the all-new Amazon Echo
  1. Play any song on Prime Music or Amazon Music Unlimited on any device.
  2. Listen daily for more chances to win. One entry per day through 12/5.
Quote:
Official Rules

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

Please read these rules before entering the Amazon Music 2017 Holiday Echo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). You agree that, by submitting an entry, you will be bound by these Official Rules and you acknowledge that you satisfy all Sweepstakes eligibility requirements.

more...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:06 PM   #2000
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For Black Friday, the StackSocial stores (links go to BoingBoing, but you can change the URL to CultOfTheMac or whichever spin-off you regularly use) are having 20% off storewide with coupon code BFRIDAY20 (excludes Pay What You Want offers). They'll probably have a similar 1-day offer on CyberMonday as well.

In the Software section, there's a bunch of language learning and other useful apps, but the potential main draw for MR goers might be the Storyteller's Must Have Mac Bundle @ $29 before coupon discount, containing 7 apps from Mariner Software for screenplay writing, word processing, journaling, plot and character development, and novel writing, etc.

There's 14-day trials and the User Guides for each on the Mariner site to try before you buy. I own much of this from getting them as top-up fills for previous pick-your-own bundle offers and their stuff seems pretty good, even though I personally don't use it much.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #2001
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
My bad. Don't believe it can be downloaded, streaming only.
Actually, I was wrong. Just got an email from Tidal that says: "With the Offline Mode, you can store albums and playlists on your phone or tablet. Tap the offline button to store your selection."
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #2002
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Current Music Subscription Offers --> new subscribers only
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #2003
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got the Google Music 4 months, even though I've had the trial before.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #2004
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got the Google Music 4 months, even though I've had the trial before.
I tried but when I clicked on it was 61 days instead. Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #2005
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mill Creek is offering all 8 of their 50 Movie Sets (streaming) for .99 each today only. Sets include: Great Adaptations, Crime Wave, Icons of Comedy, Killer Creature Features, Mad Scientist Theatre, Midnight Movie Madness, Cowboy Legends and Western Outlaws. Streaming only, no separate download available. Mill Creek has apps on Roku, Amazon TV and Apple TV. I know the Roku app works ok. You will need to set up an account if you don't have one & be sure to be signed in to your account when purchasing. I thought there were some interesting films in Crime Wave and Great Adaptations & picked those up.

https://watch.millcreekent.com/searc...+collection%22
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #2006
ATDrake
Wizzard

Well, if you skipped out on buying stuff from the StackSocial stores on Black Friday, you're in luck. They now have CYBER20 for 20% off everything in the store (excluding Pay What You Want bundles), and CYBER40 apparently gives a total 40% off on digital-only deals (software, those VPN/other web services deals, video courses, etc.). Good until midnight PST in your favourite StackSocial reseller store, such as BoingBoing's over here.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #2007
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Best Buy deal of the day has Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 on blu-ray for $60, though apparently in-store only and not at the one near me. If it was on-line I'd grab it in a heartbeat since I don't get HBO and haven't seen any of it yet. Oh well...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #2008
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
The Best Buy deal of the day has Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 on blu-ray for $60, though apparently in-store only and not at the one near me. If it was on-line I'd grab it in a heartbeat since I don't get HBO and haven't seen any of it yet. Oh well...
Amazon matched, but I think it's over now.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #2009
ATDrake
Wizzard

Free video game from Humble Bundle until sometime around 10 AM Pacific Time on Saturday (Dec 2nd):

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, an X-Files-ish occult adventure mission shooter game set during the Cold War in 1962, where you play an Agent leading a team to investigate and protect the world against some sort of otherworldly incursion @ the Humble Store (Windows & Mac via Steam key; must have Steam account linked to your HB account and redeem key in the Steam app before December 16th)

The year is 1962 and the Cold War has the nation gripped by fear. A top-secret government unit called The Bureau begins investigating a series of mysterious attacks by an enemy more powerful than communism. As agent Carter, call the shots, pull the trigger and lead your squad in a gripping third-person tactical shooter set within a covert war to protect humanity from an otherworldly enemy.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #2010
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Neil Young is providing his almost entire catalog for free download, until June.

Go to neilyoungarchives to download.

This music is in "the highest digital quality possible" (turns out Young absolutely detests MP3'S).

Sorry, smartphone users, downloads are "not currently available on mobile devices."

There's a great article about this at theverge.com/2017/12/3/16730096/neil-young-high-quality-back-catalog--music-stream.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere