Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #46
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
I don't know how to install this firmware release on my H20 (first generation). Would anybody care to tell me how to do it, or point me to which part of the forum I can find instructions?

I have looked in the following parts of the forum:
- The Ultimate Kobo Tips & Tricks Thread
- List of Tweaks / Hacks / Mods
- Instructions for patching firmware 4.6.10075

Thanks in advance for the help.
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #47
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Braid

Your H2O (1st gen) is a Mark 5 device. You can manually download fw 4.6.10075 using the the download link in post #1 of this thread.

Instructions for how to manually install (i.e. sideload install) this firmware can be done by following directions in the second-half of this thread. The part labelled 'Installation Instructions for Direct Zip Files'.

P.S. You do not need to bother doing step 4 (uninstall patches) as a new firmware will automatically remove any previous patches.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-17-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: P.S.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #48
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
Thanks, jackie_w, I'm all updated now.
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #49
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
How many books do you have on the Aura?

Do you use the main memory or an SD Card?

Incanus
I have less than 500 books and only use the main memory, so sorry, there's no comparison to how you use the device.

Have you experimented with putting just a few books in main memory?
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #50
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Series sort works with search results

This might have been done in an earlier version and I have just noticed: the series sort now works with search results, so I can e.g. search for an author and have the results sorted by series. That brings back most of the functionality that was lost when the series sorting was removed after version 2.3.2, nice to finally have that working again.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:48 AM   #51
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
This might have been done in an earlier version and I have just noticed: the series sort now works with search results, so I can e.g. search for an author and have the results sorted by series.
Before, I'm not sure what version, but it has long been so.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #52
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
Have you experimented with putting just a few books in main memory?
Not really. I allways carry my whole library on my reader, so main memory is not an option.

Thanks for your kind reply!

Incanus
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #53
jgneff
jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: Kobo Touch B/C, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra 2
wpa_supplicant updated to version 2.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
One thing is that wpa_passphrase, wpa_supplicant, and wpa_cli are of noticeable greater size than in 4.6.9995.
It looks like the addition of almost 8 years of updates! See the Change Log for wpa_supplicant for the list of changes through version 2.6, the most recent stable release.

Software version: 4.6.9995 (5c036c4fb5, 10/11/17)
Code:
# wpa_supplicant -v
wpa_supplicant v0.7.1
Copyright (c) 2003-2010, Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi> and contributors
Software version: 4.6.10075 (2240799f12, 10/25/17)
Code:
# wpa_supplicant -v
wpa_supplicant v2.7-devel-hostap_2_6-1294-g37b21a1df+
Copyright (c) 2003-2017, Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi> and contributors
jgneff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #54
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Something funny I found looking in KoboReader.sqlite file, is that the Id of the Recommendations tile is "SomeFakeRecommendedTabId".

Last edited by oren64; 11-21-2017 at 12:48 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 AM   #55
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
Nice to see Kobo finally address the KRACK vulnerability in wpa_supplicant.
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #56
WiBu
WiBu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
No version for KA1?
WiBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu View Post
No version for KA1?
In the first post of this thread is a link to the Mark 6 version. That's the one for the KA1. You'll have to side load though.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:41 AM   #58
DaRon
Enthusiast
DaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV, KA1, Pyrus mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu View Post
No version for KA1?
see post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=38
DaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #59
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRon View Post
Just installed it on my KA1 and it seems to be working fine.

Koreader froze shortly after opening a book, necessitating powering it off and on again, but now seems to be working fine.

Haven't noticed so much of a difference when reading in Japanese in Nickel yet. Perhaps it's a bit more responsive. Hard to say.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #60
ma678
Enthusiast
ma678 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello,

It is my first post here.

May I ask which Mark I should download to update my Kobo Aura?

Thanks.
ma678 is offline   Reply With Quote