Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
FB2 Output changes

I've been working on FB2 output the last few days and I want to share how the changes will impact FB2 users. The changes will be seen in the 0.7.33 release.

The primary goal of the changes are to have calibre produce 100% valid FB2 output. The secondary goals are to fix existing issues and to produce more complex output. As of right now I've only accomplished more valid output and fixing bugs.

Here is what you can expect with the changes:
  • Nearly 100% valid FB2 markup. The metadata header is still a work in progress and I need to do more extensive testing to find corner cases.
  • Sectionizing by input file structure (sections are created from EPUB input based on the internal file separation) is now default and not an option.
  • Sectionize option has been removed for the time being. My plan is to add it back later as a user definedable regular expression.
  • Converting h1-3 tags to title elements is now an option. My plan is to remove this in the future and make it a user definable xpath or regular expression.
  • Links within the document has been removed entirely. They didn't work in the first place and I don't have them working yet. This is going to be a todo item and not an immediate concern.
  • The option to generate an inline TOC has been removed.

My immediate todo items for FB2 output are:
  • Make the generation of the metadata header 100% correct.
  • Re-write large portions of the output code to make it simpler and easier to understand.
  • There are a few corner cases that need to be accounted for that relate to the h1-3 option to turn them into titles.
  • Add back the sectionizing option.

As usual please open a ticket if you find an issue.

Last edited by user_none; 12-04-2010 at 07:58 PM.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Clarify...

Hi!

As far as I know your plugin works only when converting between any format and fb2, right? But what about updating metadata of an fb2 that is already in the calibre library?

Thank you.
Khonshu
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: Sectionizing is finished. Inline TOC will not be coming back. Everything I planned is done except links which won't be coming anything soon.

@khonshu, Right. FB2 Output is only for generating FB2 files from other formats. I don't maintain the metadata portion for FB2 and for existing files, there is currently no metadata writing support. Only reading is supported.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
It's weird that you can create but you cannot modify, isn't it?

May I help with that just say it...

Khonshu
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
user_none

It's much easier to create a file than it is to modify it. creating and modifying are two separate parts of calibre.
Advert