Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 04:44 AM   #61
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
I have mine but in paper crafting and these are the cards I made out of parchment craft:
Those are wonderful, Jill.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 AM   #62
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
This is a very interesting and enlightening thread with some very nice things shown. Go on ya all! More, please.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #63
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'm holding you to this.....what a treasure!!! Please give estimate of cost so that we can start saving..............
Cost will be dependent on length, I haven't written all the stories yet! It has to be at least 100 pages long, preferable 150-200 pages. I doubt if I've written 50 pages yet.

Besides, what Texan would make ladies pay for a gift? (And how do I do Queen Z.'s copy. She's a vegetarian, so I can't make a fancy leather bound version ... Hmm. Quite a two Pearl problem.)

Because I lack tools, I have been making 8.5" by 11" sized books. I can get the paper cut in half by ream and make 5.5" by 4.25" page sized books...

Oh yes, when the time comes, you'll get to set the font type and size to meet your individual taste...

Last edited by Greg Anos; 05-28-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #64
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Jill75, that's wonderful work.

Like Kaz and several others, I've never met many crafts I didn't like either. I've done some of pretty much everything but mostly sewing (made all my own clothes for years), knitting, crochet, paper (parchment craft, greeting cards), counted cross stitch, embroidery, hardanger (pulled-thread embroidery), crewel, scherenschnitte, pen & ink work, caligraphy, shadowbox collections, tin (metal) punch, small woodwork projects, decoupage, just so many things.

Never really got into jewelry making 'cause I'm not a heavy jewelry user myself (though my daughter has made much) and I certainly appreciate the craft.

Anyway, in recent years I've decided to concentrate on mostly just a few of those crafts because I just don't have the time or space to do all I'd like. About a year ago I cleared out an amazing amount of crafting materials that totally packed to the ceiling and front to back, an SUV truck, and the back seat and trunk of a mid-size car, and gave it all to a ladies church group I know.

I also do alot of digital photography and much genealogical reasearch and documentation (for the past 20+ years) which takes a lot of time also. And of course there's always READING, so who's got the time?

I usually go off on tangents though. I'll work on mainly one or two passions for weeks or months at a time and then switch and do something else for weeks or months at a time.

I've got to say: Everyone's work here is fabulous!

Let's see some more!
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #65
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RSE, your Texas gentlemanly generosity is without measure.
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #66
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Okay, I'll show my first attempt years ago at a Teddy Bear type thing. I've made many different bears after this one, but we always think most fondly of our first, I think. And yes, he does have an entire body (including legs); I just can't find a photo of his whole self.
My grandmother makes bears. In all forms and sizes. She even made a bear shop! (aka a miniature house, where bears sell teddy bears ). She has also made some beautiful dolls (with a porcelain face, hand made).

I never liked working with a needle and thread. I'm more a paper fan. Origami in particular.

The first is a line of cubes, made by squares ranging from 1cm to 4,5cm. The second is a close up shot of the smallest unit. The coin is a 1 euro cent. The third is a nice overview of some things I've made
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kubus.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	29929   Click image for larger version

Name:	kleinste_kubus.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	29930   Click image for larger version

Name:	kast.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	29931  
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #67
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dreamer: The purple magnet you gave me is currently proudly holding a $1 off coupon for Blue Bell ice cream. I'm saving it for peach ice cream!

Jill: Those are sooo pretty! My first instinct, were I to receive a card in the mail, would be to frame it and hang it on a wall. I have 2 of MoeJoe's covers framed.

Sweetpea: That is amazing, never had any idea that much couild be done with paper! I'm assuming there is a strict "no smoking" policy around your display case?

You all are just great! Quilts, crocheted afghans, furniture, all are wonderful to see. And you know what else? I feel like I know you all a little more personally now. Even Lady Blue is no longer the software gone sentient, but is instead a lovely woman who makes teddy bears and has a crafty daughter. Very nice.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #68
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Oh, I love the boxes. That's really cool.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #69
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
RSE, your work is great. I spent time back in high school working as a printer's devil setting type, running hand presses, binding. It was great fun and I am amazed at the results. I still have a few of the books I bound back then in my spare time. They may well wind up as the last pbooks I keep except for the family Bible.

DG, your quilt is wonderful. My wife is an avid quilter and sewer (yes, I knew this before we were married.)

Kaz, incredible stuff. I see the talent runs in the family.

Daithi, web sites for fun? The look exceptional and they work (ok, I've only used 1001 Books.)

All of you are to be congratulated.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #70
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

The lighting is wrong and doesn't do justice, but . . .

Name:	Baby with Bear_2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	29933 Click image for larger version

Name:	Clown-Dressed Doll.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	29934

I like doing some miniatures (although it can be tough on the eyes.)

Name:	Miniature Sampler.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	29939

One of many various soap (and potpourri) sachets.

Name:	Soap Sachet_1.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	29936

Toilet lid cover for a friend (I personally don't use them.) There's also a matching tank lid cover (at least the friend wanted a snug fitting thread crochet set instead of a thick, puffy, gaudy one, ugh.)

Name:	Toilet Lid Cover.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	633.5 KB
ID:	29937
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #71
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Sweetpea, what can I say but WOW! I once learned how to make a really cute jumping frog with origami and one or two other things, but WOW, I've never seen paper folding to this degree before. Amazing.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #72
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Daithi - websites for fun? They look great to me, for serious. I wish I was technologically savvy enough to even understand how it's done. Is my envy showing again?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Origami in particular.

The first is a line of cubes, made by squares ranging from 1cm to 4,5cm. The second is a close up shot of the smallest unit. The coin is a 1 euro cent. The third is a nice overview of some things I've made

Beside the funny looking coin (jk!) I am so impressed. There is another skill I'd like to learn.

Not really good at following book instructions, I like someone to actually teach me.

what a diverse group we are! And yet, one thing binds us all..............our love of reading. Interesting........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #74
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dirty Car Artist

One of the girls in my office sent me these by email, and this seems like a good place to post them
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	28e232ae.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	29951   Click image for larger version

Name:	28e232bd.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	29952   Click image for larger version

Name:	28e232dc.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	29953   Click image for larger version

Name:	28e232ec.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	29954   Click image for larger version

Name:	28e232fc.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	29955   Click image for larger version

Name:	28e2330b.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	29956   Click image for larger version

Name:	28e2331b.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	29957  
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #75
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
One of the girls in my office sent me these by email, and this seems like a good place to post them
I've seen a couple dozen Dirty Car "works" by this guy. What he does with DIRT is simply amazing.

What some people can do with sand at the beach (and I'm sure we've all seen what I'm talking about) is awesome as well.