Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
thfc2008
thfc2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Library management - your method?

I've had my Sony PRS-505 a few weeks now and love it. But I found the library management system almost unusable, even with Calibre. So was keen to hear how others here manage their ebooks.

All I want to do is load books straight on into a single library (epub/lrf/pdf formats) and then edit the title/author without having to spend hours messing around with conversions.

PDF files are fine for me but Calibre refuses to let me edit the library title/author. And when I tried to convert to lrf it was extremely flaky - most times it just failed.

I then realised I could copy all ebooks directly to my ereader drive, then open Calibre which would then let me edit the title/author. Its not ideal though as I also have ebook on an SD card and whenever I move files between this and the reader I have to re-edit all over again.

Pretty sure there must be an easier way to handle all this.....

Keith
thfc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I edit the document properties on PDF files using Adobe Acrobat Professional.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert