Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-05-2015, 07:42 AM   #16
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ruben:

I suspect that Jon is opening this (VIII) in ADE 2.0...
Hi Hitch;

It's very possible. In ADE 2.0 the code doesn't work but since my first post I clearly said that my solution worked for ADE 3. For that reason I asked him to tell me where was he opening the .epub. If he uses ADE 2 or ereaders based on old RMSDK versions, he can have issues but I never said that the code I wrote worked for ADE 2 or lower.

Regards and Happy Easter
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Best idea is to not write formatted (indented or shaped) poetry. You're welcome.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Again I ask you, where are you opening the .epub? Again I ask you, can you post a screenshot of your results? Please, could you answer my questions? Anybody can open the .epub I attached in my post on ADE 3.0 and to get the same results that I showed in my screenshot.
I've opened your ePub in ADE 2.x. I get a display that's nothing like what your screenshot shows. I've attached what ADE 2.x shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	136853  
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Hitch;

It's very possible. In ADE 2.0 the code doesn't work but since my first post I clearly said that my solution worked for ADE 3. For that reason I asked him to tell me where was he opening the .epub. If he uses ADE 2 or ereaders based on old RMSDK versions, he can have issues but I never said that the code I wrote worked for ADE 2 or lower.

Regards and Happy Easter
Rubén
But the problem is a solution needs to be found that does work with ADE 2.x. A lot of programs and Readers are using an ADE 2.x version of RMDSK and if it doesn't work there, it wont work for a lot of people. For example, Sony Readers use such an RMDSK except maybe the T3. There are lots of Readers that aren't made anymore and won't ever get updated. There are iPad 1 tabelts out there that won't run updated apps for Readeing that have an ADE 3.x RMDSK. There's a lot of old versions of RMDSK out there. More so (IMHO) than newer 3.x or 4.x RMDSK.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Hi Hitch;

Regards and Happy Easter
Rubén
Happy Easter, Rubén! (And anyone else who celebrates it, and Happy Passover to those here who are Jewish, and if I missed anything, sorry!).

However, Rubén, Jon is not wrong--the ADE RMSDK is rampantly prevalent throughout e-readers. Something that works on ADE 3.0 is not likely to work in MOST readers, if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the problem is a solution needs to be found that does work with ADE 2.x. A lot of programs and Readers are using an ADE 2.x version of RMDSK and if it doesn't work there, it wont work for a lot of people. For example, Sony Readers use such an RMDSK except maybe the T3. There are lots of Readers that aren't made anymore and won't ever get updated. There are iPad 1 tabelts out there that won't run updated apps for Readeing that have an ADE 3.x RMDSK. There's a lot of old versions of RMDSK out there. More so (IMHO) than newer 3.x or 4.x RMDSK.

Yeah, like he said. ;-) Sorry, but, 'tis true.

Now, I'm gonna go wait for the Easter

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #21
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've opened your ePub in ADE 2.x. I get a display that's nothing like what your screenshot shows. I've attached what ADE 2.x shows.
Of course, my screenshot was taken on ADE 3! We are using different software, for that reason our results are different. What I wrote works for ADE 3 not for ADE 2 and that is what I said from the beginning.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #22
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
I don't dispute your point; it would be great to find a solution for old RMSDK ereaders. Regrettably it seems that nobody could find it so far
Old 04-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
FYI it seems to display properly on a Kobo using 3.13.1 f/w using either an ePub or kEpub format.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:18 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
FYI it seems to display properly on a Kobo using 3.13.1 f/w using either an ePub or kEpub format.
That's because Kobo is using a version RMDSK from ADE 3.x.

The problem comes when you try to use that code for ADE 2 which is what I think is needed to be done. Any Pub code used should be compatible with ADE 2 as that's the current lowest common denominator. It's time to ditch ADE 1.7.2.