Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_es View Post
Kovid - Does this mean that valid books showing errors is a new feature with .9.20? I am not trying to be sarcastic, just trying to figure out if books that are good everywhere else that now show an error in Calibre was done deliberately. because it sounds like now that malformed XHTML files can be viewed, good books show an error.
A book with malformed XHTML is not a good book. And I do not appreciate your tone. I'm done responding to you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Coolis
Coolis began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch 2nd Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do an epub to epub conversion that will most likely fix the tag mismatch automatically.
Exactly the same problem, and it worked.
Coolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #18
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
It does.
Thanks! Super appreciated!
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #19
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
A book with malformed XHTML is not a good book. And I do not appreciate your tone. I'm done responding to you.
part of what I was trying to figure out was, why is Calibre the only thing out there detecting this malformed XHTML? Even for books that come from BN, it was showing this. You've got more experience dealing with epub format than I do, so it was a genuine question, that's all.
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote