Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Which App am I in?

I'm trying out a variety of notepad apps on my Fire2. I have a number of notes written in the first such app I got but am finding others with a few more features. Trying to transfer from one App to another.

So the first app has a way to create a txt file in Dropbox. So I click the txt file and an app opens it. But I can't tell which one it is.

Is there any secret handshake that will allow me to determine what app is in the foreground?

-----Paul------
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
I think I understand the problem you're having - it sounds like you have a default app set for opening .txt files. If you pull down the top menu More->Applications->Installed Applications select your note app. Scroll down to "Launch by default." From there you can press Clear Defaults. Do this for all your note apps or whatever you suspect is opening your .txt file. Now when you click your .txt file you should be given a choice of what you want to use to open it - don't check the "Use by default for this action" box and you should be able to test out your different apps and keep track of which is which. You can then set your default app once you've made your decision if you want to.

Hope this helps.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert