Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Help with Voyage!

I bought my Voyage about a month ago and I still can't figure out two things. If I sideload using Calibre, no problem, it shows up in Downloaded Books. If I just drag it over into the folder, it only seems to have a 50% chance of showing up in my book library on the Voyage. In addition, the search only searches the online bookstore. It won't search my library on my unit, not even the one on the cloud. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-09-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I bought my Voyage about a month ago and I still can't figure out two things. If I sideload using Calibre, no problem, it shows up in Downloaded Books. If I just drag it over into the folder, it only seems to have a 50% chance of showing up in my book library on the Voyage. In addition, the search only searches the online bookstore. It won't search my library on my unit, not even the one on the cloud. Is there a setting that I am missing?
Did you do the recent update? I'm not sure about the sideloading question, but when I do a search from the home page, I get 5 rows of results. The first row is "My Items", the second is "Kindle Store", the third is "Goodreads", the fourth is "Text in Books" and the last is "Dictionary and Wikipedia".

What do you see when you do a search?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The most common reason for a book not showing up in a search is that it hasn't been indexed. Forgive me for sounding like a broken record, given that I seem to be asking this same question almost every day, but have you checked to make sure that nothing's got stuck indexing?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The most common reason for a book not showing up in a search is that it hasn't been indexed. Forgive me for sounding like a broken record, given that I seem to be asking this same question almost every day, but have you checked to make sure that nothing's got stuck indexing?
Harry IF the Problem Is Stuck in Indexing.... How do you fix it? Unstick it?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Delete the books that are stuck, and reload them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Harry IF the Problem Is Stuck in Indexing.... How do you fix it? Unstick it?
In my experience just delete the offending book and re-add it. If it keeps happening there is likely something in the file causing problems, in that case a re-conversion (Mobi to Mobi, AZW3 to AZW3 etc) might help.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Thanks Both of you
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote