Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
ErikaGC
ErikaGC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Getting Collection in Order.

A lot of my e-books consist of series, but I can't get them to be in the correct order on my Kindle 3. What can I do on Calibre to get them in order?
ErikaGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool here's how i do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaGC View Post
A lot of my e-books consist of series, but I can't get them to be in the correct order on my Kindle 3. What can I do on Calibre to get them in order?
use the below steps:

1. set the preferences to 'use author sort for author'
2.set in preferences, author sort last, first
3. then for each author set false publication dates in the metadata to newest date first oldest date last to establish the display order when on the kindle.
4. then upload the altered files to the k3 using calibre's 'send to device' function
5. after this when the kindle displays the contents of the kindle in author order it does so by author's last name
6. and then within each author it displays the books in the false pub date order the newest first down to the oldest last.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Some plugboards in here work pretty good

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118563
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote