Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
Ryujimihira
Ryujimihira began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Question What to do when the CF data becomes corrupted?

Hi all,

I'm sorry if I ask help as my first post, but I have a strange problem with my iliad 2nd ed.

I have bought it as second-hand with 2.12 (italian) firmware already installed and dev package. No additional software with it, I have personally installed some apps, like djview4 and iViewer-1.0-fw-2.12, taken from this forum.
All gone fine but when I added some file on my CF (trascend 4GB 133x, FAT32) with usb connection to pc, the CF becames corrupted.

The only way is the format of CF. But now the application like djview4 and iViewer-1.0-fw-2.12 doesn't work properly.

djview4 (from here) doesn't install
iViewer-1.0-fw-2.12 (from here) I installed, unistalled, an installed again. The log is successful, no errors, but in the listner I can't open cbr and cbz file. In the program directory I can't launch it.

I also have installed jukebox3.1 after CF format (from here) as a test, but after successful installation, no audio is heard.

Now, I followed this instructions to reset/reflash the iliad.

After I reset, the iliad is turned back to the 2.10 firmware version. I have updated to 2.12 and added dev package. However no italian translation is possible
I tried to reset first, format after, but the problems with the application remain.

What can I do now?
Ryujimihira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
For djview4, IIRC, just unpack the package to a proper place and everything will be fine.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Ryujimihira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
For djview4, IIRC, just unpack the package to a proper place and everything will be fine.
I tried in the root of CF and in Programs folder, but nothing change

However I successfully installed java djvu (from here) then I install again iViewer and now work! I don't know how, but I resolve a part of my problem with cbx and djvu files (even if the other was more comfortable)

Now, how to retrive the italian translation?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Hi!

So how did you manage to update to 2.12 again?!?! I'm having a similar problem in that I re-flashed from cf-card-contents.zip, stuck at 2.10 and can't connect to IDS...
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
Ryujimihira

I have set the wifi first, then I have held down the @ button for 3 sec
It connects to irex site for updating and after have detects the version, download it the latest one. Finally reboot and install the new firmware

Have you tested the wifi connection?
Have you submitted the correct logon data?
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
zaytsev

Hi,

Thanks for the answer!

I am using wired connection with my iLiad. I have tested it and confirmed that it works properly. I have also checked my logon data many times and I was not able to connect to IDS.

In my IDS account the MAC address appears and disappears, that's how in the mean time I was able to download 2.10 firmware; after some time the device gives up and says that server is unreachable and I should check my network settings.

I am very sure that this is a problem with IDS and not with how I am doing it.

Right now the problem is solved anyways, because I have found the iLiadOS firmware, which is hacked on top of 2.12.1 (apparently), cracked the root password, fixed the keyboard and enjoying my device even without the developer package :-)

Thanks,
Z.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Ryujimihira

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the answer!

I am using wired connection with my iLiad. I have tested it and confirmed that it works properly. I have also checked my logon data many times and I was not able to connect to IDS.

In my IDS account the MAC address appears and disappears, that's how in the mean time I was able to download 2.10 firmware; after some time the device gives up and says that server is unreachable and I should check my network settings.

I am very sure that this is a problem with IDS and not with how I am doing it.

Right now the problem is solved anyways, because I have found the iLiadOS firmware, which is hacked on top of 2.12.1 (apparently), cracked the root password, fixed the keyboard and enjoying my device even without the developer package :-)

Thanks,
Z.
I'm glad you have solved your problem,
anyway, can you connect to IDS with wifi? have you tried in this way?
well, where you found iLiadOS and how you installed?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
zaytsev

Hi!

No, the WiFi connection to IDS doesn't work either with the same symptoms. I have not tried to connect from the hacked firmware yet though, but it's pointless.

Regarding iLiadOS see here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=30878&page=10

Z.