Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
waffleman
Enthusiast
waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: NookColor
Nook charger melting?

I foud this thread about NC charger melting on BN's board. Thought it was worth sharing. I haven't seen any discussion on this matter on this board. My NC is under the Christmas tree right now- but when it comes out, I will be careful to only charge it when I am around (at least for the first few weeks), just to be safe.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...753332#U753332
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I saw that too. Seems like an anomaly. It was stated that the charge indicator was always green even when the NC was not attached.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
I think it is an anomaly also. Just a bad charger that overheated maybe. I charge my NC overnight all the time, the indicator light does not stay green constantly, but goes from orange to green as expected and the light shuts off when the NC is unplugged, and anytime I felt the charger while charging it remained cool.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
carbphrek
carbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, NC
Yea, I charge mine during the night along with my G2 and neither of the adapters get beyond slightly warm..not even enough to warm my tootsies during these cold Florida nights.
carbphrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, melt, nook color