Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #286
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
tshering
I put your patch, but removes all other patches, which I had put
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283903
compre they do not work, or one or the other. How can I fix it?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=35
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #287
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
tshering
I put your patch, but removes all other patches, which I had put
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283903
compre they do not work, or one or the other. How can I fix it?
I updated post #277, have a look there.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #288
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.3.8871

For the purpose of the _plus version, cf. this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher16_4.3.8871_inc30.zip (548.7 KB, 262 views)
File Type: zip KBPatcher16_4.3.8871_inc30_plus.zip (549.3 KB, 254 views)
Old 03-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #289
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
I did all the instructions, but the patch is obtained only for Geoffrey. "Bad Eye" is not part of it.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #290
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I did all the instructions, but the patch is obtained only for Geoffrey. "Bad Eye" is not part of it.
I should have mention that you should start with a new copy of Geoffrey's patch folder; or you have to remove kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip, KoboRoot.tgz, KoboRoot.tar, libadobe.so, libnickel.so, librmsdk.so.1.0.0, and nickel from the 4.3.8842_source folder.

Last edited by tshering; 03-03-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #291
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Thanks, I'll try to do again.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #292
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.3.8929, 4.3.8945 and 4.3.8966

The package Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.3.8871 works also for 4.3.8929, 4.3.8945 and 4.3.8966. The only thing that does not work is the Enable/Disable new home screen, since its position can not so easily found automatically.

I would recommend that you download KBPatcher16_4.3.8871_inc30.zip anew and rename it in accordance with the targeted FW version in order to prevent confusion.

Last edited by tshering; 03-16-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:53 AM   #293
congdv
congdv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura edition 2
Hi tshering, this package can work on kobo aura edition 2? I don't see .bat file for aura edition 2.
congdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:59 AM   #294
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by congdv View Post
Hi tshering, this package can work on kobo aura edition 2? I don't see .bat file for aura edition 2.
You can try 4_plus_glo_aura.bat. The worst thing that can happen is that the font size does not nicely fit. If you do not like the result, you can easily restore the original state by copying KoboRoot.tgz (from the original firmware update package) to .kobo of your device.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 AM   #295
congdv
congdv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You can try 4_plus_glo_aura.bat. The worst thing that can happen is that the font size does not nicely fit. If you do not like the result, you can easily restore the original state by copying KoboRoot.tgz (from the original firmware update package) to .kobo of your device.
I just want to change font-family for support unicode when view dictionary and don't want to change font size. How can I edit your patch with that changes?

Last edited by congdv; 04-11-2017 at 06:12 AM.
congdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #296
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by congdv View Post
I just want to change font-family for support unicode when view dictionary and don't want to change font size. How can I edit your patch with that changes?
Delete the content of 4_plus_source and copy the new libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt into it. The new file contains only one patch. You can set two fonts. To give an example I set the fonts "Planet Kosmos", and "Endor." In this case the content of the dictionary entry will be displayed in "Planet Kosmos", and other information like "Your search for bla bla bla did not match any words ... " will be displayed in "Endor." If you do not need this distinction you can replace both font names with one and the same font name. Since there are no model specific changes, you can use 4_plus_touch_mini.bat or any bat file for the other models to start the patching.
Be aware that the software might still choose to use another font for some reason. If this happens to you too, I will point you to other steps to try to handle this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (2.3 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by tshering; 04-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #297
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.3.9084

The package Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.3.8871 works also for 4.3.9084. The only thing that does not work is the Enable/Disable new home screen, since its position can not so easily be found automatically.

I recommend that you download KBPatcher16_4.3.8871_inc30.zip anew and rename it in accordance with the targeted FW version in order to prevent confusion.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 PM   #298
FuriousPig
FuriousPig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hey tshering I have been meaning to say thank you for this Patch for a year. I find it indispensable & the only mod I use. Without it I would never be able to use the dictionary so Thank You!

And please get this thread made a sticky, it can be hard to find sometimes
FuriousPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #299
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousPig View Post
Hey tshering I have been meaning to say thank you for this Patch for a year. I find it indispensable & the only mod I use. Without it I would never be able to use the dictionary so Thank You!

And please get this thread made a sticky, it can be hard to find sometimes
Thank you for dropping by and telling that you like this patch.
Seeing the low download rate of the bad eyes' patches, I think it is not worth making it a sticky. As to finding this thread, you can find it in my signature in any of my posts apart from very old ones. You can only see the signature when you are logged in. The Kobo Start Menu 08 thread, for instance, is almost ever on the first or second page of the developer's corner, so it should not be very difficult to find one of my post.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #300
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Thank you.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote