Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
inspect image properties /replace image

i had a book in which one of the image files was problematic in that it displayed as torn+displaced in ADE, yet displayed fine in sigil book view

try as I may I could find no simple way to copy that image to clipboard & hence to another program for inspection and no simple way to replace it with same named file from a different copy of the book

I had to resort to winzip.

so 2 questions
1.is there a way to extract an image while within sigl
2. what could cause image to corrupt only in ADE / sony reader but not on PC - It was definitely the image at fault not the associated CSS/ html
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Can't answer the second question.

But for the first, there are many ways to do this.

Right click on the image in Book View or in its image tab, and select:
- Open With to view/edit it in another program.
- Save As to save just the file to disk.
- Copy Image to copy the image to the clipboard.

To replace the file, just click Add File (the + icon), and it will prompt you to overwrite it. Or use Insert Image/File and select it from disk and it will prompt you to replace the same name.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If you right-click on the image name in the book browser, you can choose to open the image in another program. If you save it there, it will be updated in the ePUB.
If the image is resized on the reader, it can cause distortion. The resize algorithms are not too good on ADE based readers.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah yes - I tried open with but could find where MS office picture viewer lived on my hard drive ( that's my normal viewer). open with.. takes you to a windows folder exploere, not to a list of suitable programs.
I see the right click save as option now but did not spot it before - thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Another way I do it is to first have your graphic program open. Then in Sigil, target the image itself with a left click and just drag the image into your graphic program. Make your changes to the image and save.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
ah yes - I tried open with but could find where MS office picture viewer lived on my hard drive ( that's my normal viewer). open with.. takes you to a windows folder exploere, not to a list of suitable programs.
I see the right click save as option now but did not spot it before - thanks
You can usually find it in the following path (office 2010)
%route%:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OIS.EXE
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
cybmole
Wizard

I am still with office 2007 so it is actually in subfolder office12 on my pc. then it's a guessing game of match the obscure exe file names to the office functions - how did they come up with OIS.exe as a short version of Picture Manager.

does not help either that sigil suggests looking in program files not in program files x86, but still, I now know where to find it.