Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Eisengoth
Independent Author
Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Post Dark Fantasy - ELEGY

Manna is the life-blood of the world. It flows through everything, touches all, infusing life with its azure glow. Demons, and evil in the hearts of men, can cause this energy to become twisted, corrupted, and drain the life of the world itself.

The power of the raw manna, whether pure or corrupted, is toxic to the touch. It causes normal men to go insane, or die screaming. Only the Arbiters may interact with the manna without fear, for they are protected from its deadly light by ancient, near-forgotten sorceries, and intense training which begins at birth.

The city of Calessa is dying, overrun by evil spreading from within. The power of the manna is limitless, and cannot be contained by normal men. Only one man possesses the power and the iron will to overcome the deeply-rooted corruption and save the citizens of Calessa.

Wielding his crystalline sword, Arbiter D'Arden Tal ventures deep into the rotten core of the dying city to cleanse it of evil, before it is too late...

----

ELEGY is my debut novel, a dark fantasy/swords & sorcery adventure in the style of Robert E. Howard, Karl Edward Wagner and Andrzej Sapkowski, the first book of a planned trilogy. It's currently available at Amazon and Smashwords (for all other formats) for only $0.99!

A free 20% sample is available via Smashwords for you to peruse if you'd like!
Eisengoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
purchased, i've been in the mood for s&s lately.

edit-i'm about 20% of the way through so far. it's very good. there's definitely an awesome pulp fantasy vibe and i'm even picking up on a bit of elder scrolls/the witcher/two worlds influence (i don't know if you're a gamer or not but i mean that as a compliment.).

based just on what i've read so far, i'd definitely like to see more of this world already.

Last edited by xg4bx; 08-13-2011 at 03:47 AM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Eisengoth
Independent Author
Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
purchased, i've been in the mood for s&s lately.

edit-i'm about 20% of the way through so far. it's very good. there's definitely an awesome pulp fantasy vibe and i'm even picking up on a bit of elder scrolls/the witcher/two worlds influence (i don't know if you're a gamer or not but i mean that as a compliment.).

based just on what i've read so far, i'd definitely like to see more of this world already.
I'm really glad you're enjoying it! I am definitely a gamer, and there is most definitely a reason that you're picking up those vibes. Especially The Witcher, actually - the game is based on the books by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, and they are probably some of the best swords & sorcery published in the last 10 years.

When I was developing the concept to begin writing ELEGY, D'Arden was defined basically as "A little bit Geralt, a little bit Solomon Kane and a little bit Jedi..." Of course, he came a long a way after that, developing into his own distinct character, but that's where he started!

I'd love to hear what you think when you've finished it!
Eisengoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, ebook, fantasy ebook, shameless promotion