Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 07:43 PM   #301
mkm
Enthusiast
mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRSt2, pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
$70 is cheap. I paid almost a $100 for the mouse I use on my work computer.
A $100 wired mouse for work computer? curious about the type of work you need it for
mkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #302
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm View Post
A $100 wired mouse for work computer? curious about the type of work you need it for
I am a state employee and I hate the cheap mouse provided. I wanted a mouse similar to what I have at home but did not want a wireless one.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #303
mkm
Enthusiast
mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mkm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRSt2, pocket edge
Quote:
I am a state employee and I hate the cheap mouse provided. I wanted a mouse similar to what I have at home but did not want a wireless one.
oh, so you were used to something and wanted similar at work.
Make sure no one accidentally takes it ;-)
mkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #304
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kobo Touch, Kindle KB, 4, Touch & 8, most Sonys
Woot "Refurbished" (Used – Good) Kindles & Fires

Woot has Kindle 3s (Keyboard) at $15 (plus $5 shipping) up to Kindle Paperwhites (2nd Generation) at $55 ($50 + $5 shipping), plus several in-between (Kindle Touch, No Touch (slate and black) and 7th Generation Basics). Amazon Fires, HD 6 starting at $25 ($20 + $5 shipping), plus other Fires. Multiple items ship for one $5 charge per entire order. These have 90 day Woot Limited warranties and ship directly from Amazon.

https://www.woot.com/category/comput..._cnt_cdet_pc_4

Or go to Woot.com > Computers > Tablets.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-29-2017 at 10:01 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #305
Gotadimple
Connoisseur
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
It just occurred to me that if you buy a desktop computer you'll most likely get a mouse and keyboard with it?
cc: Nope. A desktop computer is the CPU case and contents. Monitor, keyboard, and pointing devices are separate.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #306
cc_in_oh
Groupie
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
cc: Nope. A desktop computer is the CPU case and contents. Monitor, keyboard, and pointing devices are separate.
The Acer system Booklover suggested includes KB and mouse. I think all desktops sold by HP and Dell include them - mine always have, though I prefer wireless and illuminated KB so I toss them...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #307
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Woot has Kindle 3s (Keyboard) at $15 (plus $5 shipping) up to Kindle Paperwhites (2nd Generation) at $55 ($50 + $5 shipping), plus several in-between (Kindle Touch, No Touch (slate and black) and 7th Generation Basics). Amazon Fires, HD 6 starting at $25 ($20 + $5 shipping), plus other Fires. Multiple items ship for one $5 charge per entire order. These have 90 day Woot Limited warranties and ship directly from Amazon.

https://www.woot.com/category/comput..._cnt_cdet_pc_4
Or go to Woot.com > Computers > Tablets.
Which E-Ink would you get? My Kindle Keyboard died and I want another E-Ink to go along with my Fire.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #308
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kobo Touch, Kindle KB, 4, Touch & 8, most Sonys
Quote:
Which E-Ink would you get? My Kindle Keyboard died and I want another E-Ink to go along with my Fire.
I don't know. My eyes have trouble with front-lit eReaders (the right eye waters if I read too long) so I like the old, non-lit, eReaders. Probably my favorite is the Kindle Touch, but that's only if I add the Constantia font using the USE_ALT_FONTS hack – the Touch's built-in fonts are too light. Without the hack (which is easy and fast, no rooting required) I would take either the Kindle Keyboard or Kindle Basic non-touch (Black one seems to have slightly darker fonts). The reason I like these better than the newer (Generation 7) Basic is because (if you look hard enough) you can find Amazon cases with built-in lights, powered by the Kindle – something you can't do with the newer unlit Basic Kindles.

Sorry to ramble.

EDIT: I should mention, I picked up a Kindle Keyboard because 1) It was cheap and 2) The one I bought from shopgoodwill.com won't boot and 3) I guess I miss the Kindle Keyboard I used to own (I've gave the ones I had away to relatives). And 4) I have a collecting sickness.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-29-2017 at 10:16 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #309
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
The Acer system Booklover suggested includes KB and mouse. I think all desktops sold by HP and Dell include them - mine always have, though I prefer wireless and illuminated KB so I toss them...
Yep, I have had desktops from Dell and Compaq and they came with mouse and keyboard. Of course it's been a while since I bought one (2011) so I suppose things could have changed.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:09 PM   #310
Alohamora
Addict
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
I borrowed a Paperwhite for a few weeks and thought it was lovely. If I were to buy an eink again, it would be a Paperwhite. The lit screen is much nicer in contrast than the unlit ones.

But I can't justify such a purchase since I mostly do* audiobooks, and tablet and phone work very well for ebooks for me.

* Avoiding picking a verb there to sidestep the raging controversy.

Last edited by Alohamora; 11-29-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Alohamora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:22 PM   #311
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Well, today was the last day I had to go to Best Buy and pick up my $8 phone. I didn't go, so it'll go back to stock and I'll get a refund. Bottom line - I ended up spending nothing for BF.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 PM   #312
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
But I can't justify such a purchase since I mostly do* audiobooks, and tablet and phone work very well for ebooks for me.

Don't know about anyone else, but I read audiobooks
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:25 AM   #313
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I borrowed a Paperwhite for a few weeks and thought it was lovely. If I were to buy an eink again, it would be a Paperwhite. The lit screen is much nicer in contrast than the unlit ones.

I do both. Amazon calls it Immersion Reading. I read on my Kobo Glo HD and listen on either the Fire Phone or my LG Volt depending on source of Audio. Lately I use the Volt more and more for audiobooks. I like the Audible app better on it.

My next eReader will be a Paperwhite unless Kobo comes out with something comparable to the Glo HD.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #314
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
I got my new 8-inch Fire tablet today--finally! Now I'm waiting for the case. When setting it up, I was offered another KU one-month free trial; I had been considering joining again to get a few matching Audible books, so this is good. I took a while figuring out how to sync a couple of my games so I don't have to start again at level 1. Now I'm waiting for the tablet to fully charge before I play with it. But so far I'm happy!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #315
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't know. My eyes have trouble with front-lit eReaders (the right eye waters if I read too long) so I like the old, non-lit, eReaders. Probably my favorite is the Kindle Touch, but that's only if I add the Constantia font using the USE_ALT_FONTS hack – the Touch's built-in fonts are too light. Without the hack (which is easy and fast, no rooting required) I would take either the Kindle Keyboard or Kindle Basic non-touch (Black one seems to have slightly darker fonts). The reason I like these better than the newer (Generation 7) Basic is because (if you look hard enough) you can find Amazon cases with built-in lights, powered by the Kindle – something you can't do with the newer unlit Basic Kindles.

Sorry to ramble.

EDIT: I should mention, I picked up a Kindle Keyboard because 1) It was cheap and 2) The one I bought from shopgoodwill.com won't boot and 3) I guess I miss the Kindle Keyboard I used to own (I've gave the ones I had away to relatives). And 4) I have a collecting sickness.
Thanks I got this one https://computers.woot.com/offers/am...4gb-e-reader-7. I really do not need it but I want it. Since my Kindle Keyboards are dead I really needed something I can read in sunlight.