Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Collaborative fiction on MobileRead

It seems natural enough that a site called "MobileRead" should be frequented by people who love reading. And love of reading often goes hand in hand with love of writing. Our recently inaugurated Writers' Corner has been an immediate success, with writers of all stripes participating in discussions about their activity and sharing their work, whether it's professional or simply a personal pleasure. We're especially happy to see more and more original writing being created by and for our community. Take a tour of the writers' forum to read some of the wonderful stories we've enjoyed so much by members like pshrynk and Ralph Sir Edward to name just two of the most prolific.

Writers and readers together in the same forum, it sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship... Now only a few short months after its creation, our writers' forum has taken the activity to a new level of innovation with a collaborative writing project.

In this thread, local hero Moejoe asked for story suggestions : members could propose a title and three objects he would have to use in the story.

The result is the short-story collection Suggested Oddities available on feedbooks in the e-book format of your choice.

We're very excited to see this sort of participation and collaboration and we can't wait to see what happens next... which I'm sure you'll agree is always the mark of a great story.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Aw, I think you're just trying to get me back to work writing the latest Red...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Sergio Twirly Mustache is turning over in his mustache at this turn of events
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Of course!!! Go Red!!! Then compiled into ebook format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Should be cartwheels! Thanks, love the stories!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
always !!

(is it working ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
i'm going to presume that is a good thing !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Of course!!! Go Red!!! Then compiled into ebook format

Should be cartwheels! Thanks, love the stories!
I have downloaded calibre and may get to learning it in a few weeks....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The very first thing I did was to open it to read The Pouf.

Luurrrrvved it!

If I had something else in mind when I thought that up... yours was better!

Koooo-doze!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
The very first thing I did was to open it to read The Pouf.

Luurrrrvved it!

If I had something else in mind when I thought that up... yours was better!

Koooo-doze!
Glad you liked it, Steve I've got to admit yours and Montnsmags were the toughest to get a grip on. The suggestions were so odd and disjointed, but then once I got an image into my mind they were really fun to write
Old 05-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #9
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
These stories were great!! loved them all, but Llounge Llamas in Love was my fave
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirari View Post
These stories were great!! loved them all, but Llounge Llamas in Love was my fave
Thanks for reading Kirari, and glad you enjoyed the stories Stick around, there's another Suggest A Story in the offing - this time based around favourite songs
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Problem is, this kind of thread only encourages MORE MORE MORE........ :sayshewithaqueueanarmslength:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #12
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just finished reading them all and loved every second of it - Thank you
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 AM   #13
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Incidentally, people who want to get involved in collaborative writing might want to check out EtherPad, the single best tool for collaborative writing I've ever seen. It makes getting together to write literally on the same page as simple as opening and sharing a URL.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote