Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
I have found out how to modify a MicroSD to SD Adapter card so it will not be seen by the Kobo when it is inserted.

In the first attached image there are two MicroSD to SD Adapter cards, an unmodified card on the left and the modified card on the right. On the left side of the modified card above the write lock switch location (the write lock switch has been removed) the card is filed down to to the same width as the write protect switch cutout (actually just a wee bit less !).

The second image shows the other side of the modified card, and it shows there is a bit of plastic left beside the first connector contact on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD_Cards.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	53319   Click image for larger version

Name:	SD_Card_2.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	53320  
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
Beorn
New in the business
Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader, Sony PRS-505 (broken)
Thanks again KjellM for checking this and sharing the results, I just tried it now with my mock SD from the Sony Reader, and now the Kobo really doesn't notice it!

I'm very pleased about that, because that hole could have gathered a lot of dust and dirt...
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery life, kobo, sd card